Saturday, August 19, 2006

That Saturday feeling ...............

Well it has been a long time since I distinguished between a weekday and a weekend!

First week back in the real world completed and I am enjoying a very civilised Saturday.
Have just had a crazy idea that I fancied cooking ................... so just done a HUGE food shop and plan to cook up lots of nice treats for tea during the week - can life possibly get anymore exciting than that???? Who needs world tours and living the high life eh? Not lil ole Bex thats for sure.

Now I really wish I had something exciting to talk about - but alas I just can't think of anything. In fact at the moment I am thinking "Just why did I start this F'ing blog up again!"

To all the guys from CBC - I will try to curb my language now that I have announced where my little corner of blogland is - but I am certainly not promising anything .............

Neil - you totally cracked me up as usual - CBC is in fact a rather nice little corner of cyberspace that I frequent when I need to talk to fellow crafters as opposed to crazy Bloggers .......... and I shall keep the address secret for now because blimey - the stuff I get up to over there is just - well it is shocking. However Big Ted and that rather nasty rag doll with the stitched on vivid pink cheeks send their regards to you for remembering them.

Right now back to my exciting day off - think it is almost nearing time for a soak in the bath - and oh what the hell I may even go to the pub and have a pint of the strong stuff ............

Love and hugs to all and I will try to do something exciting over the weekend to tell you all about - if not I'll just have to make something up .....................

Bex

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bex glad to hear you made through your first week in one piece and enjoying the weekend. No need to drum up any excitment for the sake of your blog. Getting arrested is so yesterday. You'd be surprised how interesting your post would be, if for example you took some pics of what you cooked or baked this weekend and had a caption besides each. Or if you took some pictures of yourself wearing only an apron and oven mitts. I find having a picture of anything helps in posting. Have a great relaxing weekend.

James Casey said...

Hmm, I've been taking more of an interest in cooking this past week. Maybe it's a bug going round the West/North-West of London and into the Home Counties a little. If Mr. Bymouth gets it we'll know for sure.

James Casey said...

Oh, fine, Ranceman, you comment ahead of me then, see if I care. I'm off to cook filet mignon in a bearnaise sauce.

BlackVelvetLace said...

Hi bex,

Sounds like a great day off. I spent mine at my niece's combination bake sale, lemonade stand and jewelry sale. She's 6 and was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes at 3. It was so sad. But she's doing MUCH better, since she's been placed on the pump.

She and her mom (my sister) made crystal and beaded stretchy bracelets and goodies. All proceeds go to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (http://www.jdrf.org/). When I left (with a plate of fudge I ate before I managed to get home before lunch) they were up to $166. I asked my sister how much she'd spent on all her supplies and she shrugged mumbling something about $500. I hope they break even!! And if not, ah well, the purpose wasn't for their profit but for research and my niece had a great day serving up lemonade, cookies and jewelry for her cause.

Quite a lesson she taught me at 6.

~Lace~

Anonymous said...

Mmm that's sound's tasty James, I BBQ'd a teriyaki red wine marinade steak, my specialty, yesterday and then preceeded to past out on the sofa very content. Good to see the beef eaters getting some air time. That's a first, me beating out anyone on the comments portion of Bex's blog or anyone elses. Small victory, time for a Rum & Coke!

Gary said...

Hi Bex,
congratulations on the new gig.

I love to cook, I find it so relaxing. I used to get up early on a Saturday and bake fresh foccacia bread from scratch.

We've found a place called Dinner's Ready local to us. You make selections from an ever changing menu and setup an appointment to go in and pack your meals. You end up with really great meals with the fixings, really easy to cook in about 20 minutes. We have been eating dinner more often, and usually something healthy. Now if I could only muster up the ghusto to make foccacia bread.

Hey, if you want to see something entertaining. I posted a Blue Man Group vid onto my blog.

Good luck with the job.

Metalchick said...

Hi Bex,
Welcome back! Honestly I don't remember if i had visited your old blog in the past, but I most certainly will drop by here. I might get around to adding you to my list of bloggers.
Hope you like your new job.

Have a great weekend!

P.S. You're welcome to drop by my blog.

neilbymouth said...

How you get that little man to move?

Anonymous said...

Pinch his ass.

Ben R said...

Hey Bex!!

Hope you can join us all on Sunday for the chat in Molly's Room!!

Soo.... what did you get up to last weekend? Make up something really obscure, and find out how long it takes for you to be rumbled. Tell your sister you went skydiving or bungee jumping in your lunch hour!!! Shakes out the morning cobwebs I tell you!! (Yep, I'm bullsh*tting ya! I don't do it during lunch. Messes up the hair awfully badly!!)

Catch you on Sunday hopefully!


Take care

Ben

PS - how are Ralfie and Maisie?!

Tausha71979 said...

Hiya Bex!!

What a suprise, I just thought I would peek and see if you had a blog again. I have some catching up to to here, but wanted to say hello. Hope that you are well:)

xxTausha

Dale said...

Hello Bex

Lace sent me over here - so I did so promptly.

I don't think I've commented on your blog before, but I did visit a while back.

Lord knows I'm so busy that blogging has to take the back seat... although sometimes it climbs into the front and takes over the wheel - before I know it!

I've spoken to you on Molly's chat that I have not visited in a long time.

Are there regular chats any more?

Take care and have a good week!

I'll trade you housework for the high life...

;)
Dale