Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Listen for the Beep!!!

It's Supermarket Sweep!!!!!

OMG thanks for the nudge Kathy - I am slacking...........
Have been busy busy Bex this end.
I decided i do need a proper job and now is a bad time of year to find one. So have fulfilled an item on my "to do before I'm 30" list. (No need to point out I am 32 thanks)
I am now working until Christmas Eve in Tesco's Supermarket as a check out chick.

Does it get any better than that? 2 weeks to play on tills - and I worked Sat and yesterday and had the BEST time. There is something to be said about "non serious" work where you walk away and apart from the odd beep all is forgotten.
My sister will vouch I am a workaholic and whenever I get a "proper job" I progress up the ladder at an alarming rate and burn out ............... I think I have this sussed now though having been self employed for a few years.
So yes I have applied for proper jobs but have gone mid scale with less pressure and am trying to avoid the City like the plague .......... will find out about a job in the next few days and sort of hoping I don't get it as is immediate start and erm I have one job already!!!

SO OK boring stuff over.
I am blown away this evening by one of my sisters - yep Rachie.
I totally took the piss and emailed her 36 hours before flying home - having been on the road for 7 weeks and asked her to go craft shopping for me.
Now some of you will know that Rach is an ACE shopper. In fact I have heard if their was a shopping Olympics she may win. BUT craft shopping in a US Craft Superstore come Cattle market this time of year????? I knew I was pushing boundaries................

BUT OMG Rach you came through sweetheart and I am SO chuffed. With Chest Infection and all you ventured to some unknown space on your last day of freedom armed with a list in a foreign language about ribbons, crop a diles, paper packs, brads ................................ I am guessing some lovely assistant helped you cos blimey you did good xxxxx
Heaven knows what you have bought but I am a mighty excited bunny and appreciate it MUCHLY.

So to any blogger who may think Rach is a Megastar (WHICH OF COURSE SHE IS) well hey I am also hoping she proves to be a MEGA CRAFT SHOPPER!!!
In fact I have spent hours shopping with Rach and never taken her into a craft shop so plan to do a rapid training exercise in the New year so future trips she may feel the need to go craft shopping .................... likely not!!!

Right well you may sense I am excited - (a) cos Rach and Pete are coming home and will be able to see my new house and catch up with copious amounts of tea but also cos (b) I now know she is armed with some serious craft stash

Right I need to get back to crafting - I am making an "all occassions" album for my eldest sister Sarah which is like a diary of events that need cards sending - and I plan to wrap it with around 30 cards to see them through the year ................... I will have the album done hopefully by tomorrow - but working late so may be a day or so before I post pics.

OH and did I mention I love Rach for shopping for me (although I am horrified that less than 2 hours after emailing me to say she was just out of bed she was back and shopped - I would have been there ALL Day!)
Ah well bless her little cotton socks for trekking out and keeping crafty Bex in supplies!!!!!!

Love to all and PROMISE to post some pics of Album for sis in the next couple of days xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bex

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

forgive me if i'm wrong, but didn't you have a job in a recruitment agency thing? You didn't get fed up that quick did you? BTW. I need to take some gone-off fruit back to Tescos. Is there a fail-safe sob story i can use to get my money back? It only went off due to me not eating it quickly enough -nothing wrong wit hit really. But Tesco have more money than me. Advice please.

Bex said...

Delbut
I kind of moved like 60 miles away ............. sort of decided it was too far to drive - specially back to Staines each day - shit hile that it is

Keep up eh??
As for the advice - yeah go for it - someone was moaning yesterday that they KNEW they had bought 3 CDS but couldn't remember where they had hidden them could they be replaced ........... so reckon give it a go

Loving it lol
Bex

Jane said...

Glad you are having fun at Tesco Bex ! And you are right - there is a lot to be said for the less stressful jobs. Good on Rachel - this is where I wish I had sisters too ! Bet she'll bring you some lovely stuff- lucky you. !

Suesjoy said...

Aw Bex you are the cutest!
"Bless her little cotton sox!"
Wow are you a Southern girl or WHAT?? (SouthEND...Southern...close!!).
I can just hear you in a Scarlett O'Hara voice...
Rachel is a supahstah! Well, she is OUR Superstar and YOUR superstar...
So did you send her to Jo-Anne's or Micheal's???
I like Jo-Anne's...even if you aren't crafty (I try... I am NOT!! boo hoo hoo)...they have tons of nick nacks to decorate the house with...I have Halloween bowls and Pumkpkin candle holders...that I never use but always say I will dig up out of my garage.
That reminds me...I need to go for Xmas stuff!
I can't seem to get into the spirit this year...
I DID bake Christmas cookies (biscuits?) last night though...

I have been a cashier...I worked at one grocery store called Stop and Shop when I was about 20. This was before items were scanned. Yes, the dawn of civilization..I think they had JUST invented the cash register...ha ha ha. Anyway, the cash registers were ancient at this store and "didn't work" cough cough...so many of the customers didn't get RECEIPTS and lots of cashiers stole money left and right. (NOT ME!!! I'm not about to ever go hang in a pokey). THe other employees intentionally BROKE the registers!
And that was a unionized store...jeez.

Anyway, you name a job - I've done it!
I guess being a checkout chick COULD be fun! Maybe people in England are more fun..but cashiers here are usually pretty dour...

Well take care Bex!
Have fun w/your crafts.
Give Rachel a big hug from me!

Love,
Suexxxx

Anonymous said...

Sue said;

Anyway, you name a job - I've done it!

Ok. Challenge accepted
Turd Technichian i.e. an unblocker of drains?
Dustbin man?
Astranaut?
Captain of a Whaling ship?
Bricklayer?
Sex movie starlet?
President of the United States of everthing American including the state of Iraq?

See, apart from the Sex starlet one, i'm sure you haven't done any of these jobs, Sue.

Right, where ws I?

Sorry Bex. I didn't know you had been sacked. (really, you dont have to dress it up as " because i moved") We think no les of you.

Today Tescos -tomorrow...a corner shop. Took the fruit back. They laughed and threw me out. I think it was something to do with the bannana skin actually being devoid of your actual bannana and was filled with expanding foam to resemble a proper bannana. Busted.

lryicsgrl said...

hi bex,,, i wonder if your busy with all you new supplies???...have fun..
i am happy for you that you have your sister back!!

about the change of job thingy....i've been there, done that....i used to curse myself, for getting every job i applied for...the best was when i was the manager for a ladies only gym...and i hate working out...the best part of that job, was when, as a promotion, we had an all male review (a nice term for boy strippers) at the club....you were invited for free if you got a friend to sign up for a trial membership...boy, the old ladies had a blast....and i was soooo much youner then!!!

xo
Sue

ps Hi del...you might be right, Sex Starlet seems to be the only other fitting job out there for sue..just kidding, i think she would be a great president of EVERYTHING!

Suesjoy said...

Oh no Delbut and Sue you are so onto me!!!
uh oh...
Bex help me!!!!!!!!

I am darn good though...too good...
pays the bills, ya know?
(I star in them so housewives don't get JEALOUS..I inspire them actually...).
:)

Suesjoy said...

Sue I have never been to a strip club EVER!
Let's go next time I'm in NYC.
Forget Saks babe.

Oh hi Bex!

:)

elena said...

Hola Bex,

I'm glad that you are excited about your new house....Hey, your sisters must be very happy with you, you are always doing beautiful things for them...

Love,
Elena
XXXXXX

Paula said...

Glad you're enjoying the checkouts Bex - my first job was a check out girlie - make the most of the staff discount!

Am looking forward to the pics of the album for your sis. Sounds like an ideal present for someone - well I can make it for next christmas, give me plenty of time.

Sue said...

Beep!!!

BlackVelvetLace said...

Bex, did Del ever tell you how his son was stabbed??

~Lace~

Anonymous said...

hey bex!
hope you have a great christmas...so glad to hear rachel found you some cool crafty stuff. sounds like you will be making lots of stuff in the upcoming weeks! hope you are well and happy holidays!
sarah x

Anonymous said...

Hi Bex,
I admire your work ethic. We have all had interim jobs, and your attitude is fantastic, something new will happen soon, I can sense it. I worked in a computer shop for about a year, and ended up loving it, meeting so many people, and of course, each cashier's idiosyncrasies. I'll never forget old Bob. He had paranoia about running out of $1 dollar bills, every five minutes, he'd holler over to me about the situation on 1's.

Yep, lost of crafts emporiums over here, we have a place called Michael's, my wife goes in there all the time.

Ben R said...

Well hellooooo and welcome to Sooopermarket Sweeeeeeep, with me, Ginger Ben, and not orange Dale!!

Great 2 see you enjoying yourself at Tezzas, makers of the finest french sticks around, if I do say so myself. mmmm - french stick with an English breakfast inside!!!


60 miles away from Staines?!! Bit far for you to rush to Richmond for a burger isn't it? Or will you just have to leave earlier to grab a meaty treat?!

Take Care,

Ben (unusually awake at this hour!) R

Suesjoy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Suesjoy said...

Hi Bex-
Sorry to be naughty but Del started it.
He's like that...
;)

Happy Sunday to ya!!

I am actually going to watch football today...it's a scary turn my life has taken lately...drinking beer and hanging out with the boyz (and the girls!). I annoy the men I think because i talk too much! It's the beer talking... oh well.
I'm just too silly for sports.
Men are so bleeping SERIOUS about sports.
They're GAMES!! helloooooooo! I should be allowed to speak during a GAME!
But they get really, really annoyed...

Hope you are just ducky...maybe you are visiting your sis? (She did mention Christmas shopping on her blog...hmm..shopping spree for sis sounds lovely!)
:)

See ya!
Lots of love,
Suexxx

LaurLaur said...

Hi Bex!
Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun with all those crafty supplies! I, too, give Rachel lots of kudos - while I can certainly shop, I would have not a clue in the craft superstore...! Enjoy and Happy Holidays!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bex,

I worked on the tills once. Use to moan about it but wish I was still doing it at times as it was such a laugh.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bex, hope you are enjoying the lovely sounds of a cash register, and your feet aren't screaming bloody murder! Just a quick note wishing you a very merry christmas to you and your family, and hope you get a chance to pig out this holiday season. All the best for 2007!

elena said...

Hola Bex,

I just would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas!!!!

Lots of love,
Elena
XXXXXX

lryicsgrl said...

No new crafty blog posts, so you must be shopping.

I hope you get lots of great gifts, you can tell us all about em, k?

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Bex!

Have a wonderful New Year and my wishes for all the best in 2007!!!

xo Sue

Suesjoy said...

Merry Christmas Bexter!
Hope you and yours have a wonderful 2007!
Love,
Suexxx

Kid Ric said...

Hiya Bex,

Here's wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and the happiest of Happy New Years.

Peace, love and light,
Ric

Ben R said...

Many happy wishes for Crimbo and the new year!!

Hope work wasn't too bad this afternoon - after all us blokes finally stop scratching our arses and decided we'd better do some shopping after all! I love going in at 3 when everything gets knocked down to 5-10p. 2 days shut means a lot of shelf clearing - my dad had to stay on 2 hours longer this afternoon - got some free Champagne out of them too!

Take care!

Ben R

Anonymous said...

Merry Crimbo, Bex
xxx

elena said...

Bex,

I would like to wish you a Very Happy New Year!! Have a great time!!

Love,
Elena
XXXXXX