Thursday, August 09, 2007

Week off progress update!

Hello All!
Well I have been having a mighty fine week off work.
It is such a shame I have to go back on Monday .........
I have actually achieved quite a lot. But not much to show for it!
Did a major spring clean on the house which was overdue ...
Had a lovely afternoon with Sue chatting and eating cream cakes - yummy.
Had a lovely morning with Kathy today chatting, stroking papers and drinking coffee.
I actually love that I have friends who have lots of craft stash - makes me feel normal for having so much!
Right so on to the crafting side of things.
I have mainly been making cards!
I have been trying to use up paper etc so have been making in batches of 6 for stock.
Here are a couple - I will blog more tomorrow when I have sorted out pics etc
The first is for a challenge on the forum to use gems on a card ........ nice and easy!
So I made a batch of boys skater cards - all similar but different lol
The next not so easy .......... Kathy sent me home this afternoon with clear instructions to do the DCM little extra.
OK so normally these are nice little challenges - I often read and think ooh nice - I could do this etc if I had more time ............
This one though! OMG A card with 3 arrows, 3 circles and a square.
Reckon this is quite tough myself!
So here is my attempt and I haven't cheated for once

And for the record - the 3rd circle is a circle gem on the flower on the dress.
PHEW
Will be back tomorrow with more x
Love Bex

6 comments:

grace said...

Hi Bex,

Glad you have had a good week off. Sounds like a relaxing one. I love the doggie card in your previous post, and this one shope til you drop, yeah! Great one!

take care, xx

Est xxx said...

Fabaroonie cards Bex

Kathy said...

heyyyy you did well. You made SUCH a fuss, but in the end you made a great card - those colours are just so fab and cheerful, and what a fabby stamp - is that one of yours or one from the Hitchin Stamp Library, cough cough, chole. splutter....

It was great to see you today

mum-on-the-run said...

Great cards Bex, love what you did for the DCM challenge :)

Lynne said...

Great card Bex - and you added a real square - I went for the easy option of a square card .... :D
Glad your enjoying your week off.

Dale said...

Hi Bex - I've been absent for a while, but you've been just as busy with your crafts, I see!

Your cards are fabulous and I especially like the little boy skater one. A skate park just opened in our town and it's been quite a hit - built entirely by donated material and volunteer labour.

One of these days I'll find the time to pursue my own creative thread...