Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Crafty Afternoon!

I have spent a lovely few hours this afternoon playing and making a good old mess!
First up the very talented Sue over at the JB Forum challenged us to make something "clear". Her samples were stunning - a card, a LO and a mini album which can all be seen HERE.
I have acetate here but never made a card using it - a very simple one from me, I may try again and be a bit more adventurous!
Second up there is a challenge to use "Polka Dots" over at Caardvarks. Quite pleased with myself as I have used up some scraps of really old paper - the mountain is gradually reducing ........ should be gone by 2012 :)

Third up I found a really lovely new challenge blog that I would definately recommend a visit to! Right up my street as it is (a) Template based and (b) all designed to get you using your stash - old and new! So for the Sketch and Stash challenge I have made this card. Old - Blooms and paper, New - The rubber stamp coloured in wth my new promarkers!

Off to have a bit of a tidy up and may play again!
Love n Hugs
Bex x


11 comments:

Hazel said...

Super crafting, Bex. I saw your comment on the new Stash blog - I left one and made a mess of it - had to delete - by which time you'd made a comment. Your cards are ace - enjoy the rest of your long weekend - well deserved x

Nickynoo said...

You've been busy, Bex! Really great cards, love them all xx

Ali Watson said...

Fabulous cards, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Carol Ann said...

Great cards all so different yet stunning x

Sharon said...

Great cards. I love the actetate one particularly. I have never used acetate before - just might have to try it.
Thanks for visiting my place too!

grace said...

Fantastic cards Bex. :)

have a great rest of your weekend.

card crafted said...

Fab cards! I love the first one with the acetate....I love them all, but the acetate one intrigues me, lol.

How did you stick the card to it?

I'm tempted to try one...........

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh my! The acetate idea is so well carried out here! THank you!
-Heidi

Shirley said...

I really like what you did with your acetate card! I think the owl is such a great choice and what you did with the support background is wonderful! Hear you on the paper supply. I think your second card is just so wonderful and masculine. Great colors and detail too. The third is just so lovely! I think I need to consider my stash after seeingthis. She is so pretty and the BG DPs are wonderful.

Becky said...

Wow! Amazing cards Bex! They are stunning and I love all the details and the colouring on the images are amazing!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Chrissie said...

Fabulous cards Bex! I especially love your new stamp and what brilliant colouring.
Thanks for joining in the challenge.