Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hectic - BUT VERY happy xx



Hiya

I am struggling to adjust to my new busy life which leaves less time for "peeing about on line"!

My "Mundane" job has become quite a laugh and already am taking on a lot more responsibility which I like (AND I am so proud that a HUGE crisis struck at 5.16pm tonight and I left at 5.48 with the view that I will face it tomorrow - BIG step for me!)


Life is good. In my Mon to Fri job I have met some TOTALLY on my wavelength people - and as is the office environment some "erm not"
It is very funny really. I am part of a group of about 12 people. Although directly on the project I work with there are only 2 of us.
I did clock fairly early on the office tension - not sure why it exists - but lets face it - it exists in every office in the land I think!
ANYWAY 2 weeks in and I have been assigned to the "side" that I will be on.
OK so we are fairly split - but the other team is stronger in the "I'm only 20, I dress like a tart every day and the boys in the warehouse love me"
Our team is stronger in the "Ooh we can have an intellectual conversation"
It cracks me up
Anyway - in "our gang" I cannot believe that I have 2 new mates who are SO on my wave length. Catherine is from South Africa and has the MOST awesome accent - I love it (although apparently I have the accent not her"). She is fully qualified in Reiki, Indian Head Massage, Yoga etc etc and does it as a sideline to the "real job"

Vanessa is drop dead gorgeous and an artist. She paints the most amazing abstract art and sells her work through various galleries.
And then there is me with my creative play on scrapbooking and cards.
The 3 of us have so much in common already in the fact that we can all take each others hobbies seriously.
We have planned a girly day next weekend to spend with PJ's, a bottle of wine (or maybe more) and our skills to just chill and play - I am one happy bunny. I get to paint, have a massage and let the girls play with my stash of ribbons and paper!
When I lived in Staines I was surrounded by people SO different from myself that this is GOOD NEWS!!!!!
OK on the craft front - I have been fairly productive!
I have found a new toy in the "sewing machine".
I need to practice but have put attempt one and attempt 2 up for you to look at!

I also completed another page in the Circle Journal that I am part of - topic this time round was "Perfect Moments". Sadly cannot show this as the other people may read the blog and it will spoil the final reveal ........ Pants i know!!!!

Right I had better get a wriggle on and do something away from the PC - I have 4 commissioned cards to make for work tomorrow (done 2) and also have been asked to write up a class on Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks by a craft forum - so busy busy Bex!
I really will try to blog more - but with adjusting to chaos I only have Sundays off so may take me a while to get a routine going!
Hope you are all well - and If you have stopped by and got this far in my momentous drivvle please say hello so I can come and read about you!
Love Bex xxxxx

10 comments:

Suesjoy said...

Hi Bex-
Ooh I'm first!
You really do sound like a happy bunny - good for you.
I can feel your excitement.
Um...I have seen barbers in India (on the side of the road where most of them set up shop) giving Indian head massages...they beat their client's head as if it were a Tom-Tom drum. (My husband calls it "chumpies" - that's what he used to say when he used to wash Anjoli's hair!).
So beware of Indian massages!

Enjoy your girly slumber party-
what a fun idea.
Can I come?
:)
Take care my dear.
Love,
Suexx

Cathy with a C said...

Sounds like intelligence and creativeness is spread throughout the Fuller women!

Glad to hear things are going so well for you. Tell me your secret of leaving the office with a crisis and saying you'll deal with it tomorrow. That's a lesson I need to learn!

Cathy

Elizabeth A. said...

Bex~ There you are!! So glad things are going well.
Your friends sound great~ have a lovely slumber-bunny time and show off those socks girl!!

Much love~

Elizabeth A

Sue said...

oooo a lovely HAPPY Bex...

fabby cards I LOVE THEM

Put me down for your class please....I like to sit at the back......and please don't shout at me lol I will try NOT to be cheeky

Sarah said...

Hey Bex
Cool about your job! It's true, working with fun people can make any kind of job seem 10 times better!

Glad to hear you're doing well. And I'm still amazed by how much talent you have with scrapbook designs. You need to throw us some tips! :)

Sheila said...

Bex.......I can feel the smiles from here:0)
So lovely to see how happy you are and the cards are gorgeous.

Sheila-x-

Kathy said...

wow.
Someone's a happy bunny - well at least that's the impression I get from this message, but...I may be picking up the vibes wrongly! hehehe
It's great to hear you've found such good workmates - sounds like you're really settled in this neck of the woods. now then

Paula said...

Glad to hear the jobs going ok Bex, it's a bugger when it interrupts your PC time tho eh??

Jane said...

blimey ! I don't check your blog for a couple of days and all of a sudden there is heaps of posts for me to catch up on ! Lovely work you've been coming up with Bex. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the Liam page- the ribbons are to die for !

Glad to hear that you are well and really happy, you deserve it. x

Anonymous said...

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?