Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Quick Update

Hiya all
Just a quick post from me with not much to say .........

James - OMG I cracked up - yes me and Rach do love the photography through letter boxes game. And yes of course I have spotted Delbut sitting on the roof of the BP Garage opposite ..........

As for me - still feeling a bit crap to be honest but am charging my way to world domination like a world dominating charging Bex should.

I start a new job tomorrow - not really sure what it is except they are an IT company and it is in a sort of Project Management training role - guess I will find out at Stupid O Clock tomorrow.
Worked tonight as well - in a local restaurant. I LOVE waitressing - Sad or what?
Mind you I am not sure what will give as although it is important for me to be out working and earning money and meeting people in this lonely old town I have moved to - I don't want to end up with all work and no play!

We will see what happens ...........

Will update at the weekend when work is clearer and I have time to think!

Love to all
Bex xxxxxxxx

13 comments:

lryicsgrl said...

Oi..me first???

I'm still laughing from the last comment from James to Lace..he he!!

GOOD LUCK with all your career moves, Bex!!!
I don't think it sad to like waitressing....whatever makes you happy; it's a good feeling to put in a hard days work.....most times anyway, except when you rather be home under the covers watching the television....

Thanks for the update
xo

Suesjoy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Suesjoy said...

Oh good luck Bex!!
My favorite aunt who was like a second mum to me LOVED waitressing. She loves to talk so she enjoyed meeting people from all walks of life. She put 2 of her kids through college waitressing.
It's a noble profession! Nothing to be ashamed of...and very hard work too.
(ok I deleted my obligatory Delbut reference! sorry...).
:)

Kathy said...

Good luck with the new job Bex

MagicMushroom said...

Good luck with the new job :)

Carolyn said...

Have fun getting up early, should have started in the summer when it is light in the mornings! - good luck

BlackVelvetLace said...

I know Sue, James cracked me up too..

Bex I am impressed that you love and are able to waitress. I was a cocktail waitress one summer in college. I spilled a drink on every customer that came in. I also cannot count cash and so had no tips. Not that I had many to begin with.

Let us know how it goes in IT!!

~Lace~

Jane said...

good luck with your new job Bex ! hope you didn't find getting up at silly oclock too hard?

Delbut said...

Do you not realise how difficult it is getting on to that roof of the garage?

Just to let you know Bex. an IT project manager is another title for: "person who punches information into a database" and we all know your ability at losing whole databases ( is that the correct plural? perhaps it should be databasi; or databasums? )so i'll give it A WEEK.

As for waitressing; i'm thinking black uniform -short skirt, thigh length leg warmers, and a see-through, white blouse. Probably not what you wear but it's how my mind works, sorry. I find that sticking your thumb up your nose then "accidently" slipping it in to the soup while carrying the bowl to the table makes for good fun and makes the shift go quicker with all the mirthmaking merriment shared with the chef.

I must stop eating in road-side caravan-type diners.

Natters said...

Hi Bex,

You said you live not far from Luton - whereabouts? Just wondering.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bex, good luck with the new job, my only advice, the key to success is doing something you love. If you can pay your bills doing that, then you've hit the jackpot! Whatever you choose to do, make sure you enjoy it because it takes up alot of your time, and you don't want to spend that much time being unhappy. I'm with Delbut though, a very thin blouse with a short skirt will definitely work well.

Sarah said...

I hope things work out for you hun.

All the best!

Sarah xx

Sue said...

so just HOW many jobs have you pIcked up for this week...TALK LATER

please don't have 'found' anymore


XXXXX