Sunday, January 28, 2007

Still Playing!!!!


I have decided to start an Album of my nephew Liam.
He is so treasured within our family and is such an adorable little 6 year old boy. I love him to pieces.
So OK - I have 6 years to catch up on - but got to start somewhere!
So this is the starting point! Apologies for bad pic - but the light has gone now and I won't see it in this house again till Saturday .......... roll on Summer!
Sarah and Liam went to see Santa in Lapland this year and I started by printing off 4 pics.
Got a bit carried away with the old embellishing so think it will have to add another page and turn it into a double layout .................. cos obviously we need pics of the reindeer, Santas House, the Sled rides etc .
I have to say I LOVED Liams letter he gave to the "Real" Santa. It reads:
"Dear Santa, I would like a cute ginger and white dog. And a brown monkey and a fishermans outfit for bear. Love Liam"
Clever Sarah photographed it before it was handed over to Santa so have been able to add a pic of it to the layout. Crikes Liam will cringe when he is older!
Sarah did panic for a moment that Liam was seeing the real Santa and was seeming to be asking for a dog (that sounds incredibly like my dog!) ................ but it turned out he is going through a cuddly toy phase so Santa was able to deliver the list! PHEW ...................
So all in all I have had a lovely Sunday playing ............ Off to have a soak in the bath now and get into PJ's and sadly will have a week of work to be done before I can have another crafty day .......... ALTHOUGH I do of course have evenings - if I get organised!
Love and Hugs to all
Love Bex xxxxxx







19 comments:

Kathy said...

What a fantastic LO Bex. I must get down to doing some Christ,assy ones for Sam's album too.

Have a good week

Lythan said...

You've really got this scrap groove going Bex. I know there is a name for this style and I can't think what it is, but you are one of the best I've seen! (might be cluttered but tbh that sounds a bit judgemental and I reckon its actually hard to pull it off. You can do it though!)

Elizabeth A. said...

Bex~ Your work is so unique. I have never seen anything quite like it. Please try and get a site together to sell, I'd be first in line! I wish I'd have thought of this sooner as my daughter's birthday is in Feb, and she would have loved a card from you. She did a "Scrapbook Workshop" last summer and loves looking at your work whenever I visit your blog!

Please stay in touch, Doll~
Elizabeth A

Marietta Zervou said...

Hey Bex,
I've told you before, you have a rare talent! These are so beautiful, you must be really patient.
I second Elizabeth's suggestion. You should have a website and sell your stuff.
You could take orders for bespoke cards, calendars, picture frames, albums et.c.

Hope you're well
xoxoxo
M

Em said...

Bex what a fab page - I love it!

Liam is VERY lucky to have such a talented Auntie...

xxx

Suesjoy said...

Hi Bex!
Thanks so much for your comment about Iraq. The situation really has me in a funk. I better post something perky soon!
I have a really good one brewing...I just need to think it through. It's a doozy fer sure.

I am really floored by your talent Bex!!! It's heart warming, really.
You are a wonderful auntie, and a very special soul - I can tell.
(I thought YOU were the sis with the little boy LOL!).

Congrats for posting your pic too!
You're beautiful! Truly.

Take care and pray that we bring our troops home soon!!

Have a wonderful week.
Lots of love,
Suexx

James Casey said...

That is really 'busy', but in a good way; lots to take time over and look at. Not a card you can discard in a hurry!

Anonymous said...

Bex, I'm continually impressed with your crafting skills, clearly you have a great eye for detail and style. I seem fascinated by the depth of the textures you use and how it photographs so well. You are quite the artist! Had someone told me they were into crafts a year ago, I would have nodded, smiled and asked to see the menu. Now I give a serious look and say have you seen the work of an artist who goes by the name Bex? BTW, great pic of you, quite the looker, you are!! I think you should start your own crafting channel, Bexcraft, could be huge!! hee,hee,hee!

Dale said...

Hi Bex

Liam is lucky to have a crafty auntie like you! ;)

Your work is very good - wish I had the time!

Have a good week.

Love
Dale

grace said...

The album for Liam will be a beautiful one. I really enjoy your talent of craft, and how you display it all. You should have your own shop, or something. Will there be an album of your Munchkin?

xx grace

Sue said...

and shes done it again


FAB FAB FAB


I def need a lesson xxx

Rachel said...

Wow Bex you have been busy, and such gorgeous LO`s and love the birthday card. Arent those blooms just yummy. Lovely to see "you" on a LO - I know of your avoidance of the camera, but you need not be shy you take a stunning photo.

Lisa said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the next one xxxxxxxxxx

Delbut said...

so i go away for a while and what happens? You blog loads and apparantly, put up pics of you which i cant effing see. Actually Bex, my pics of you are still worth a bundle as i super-imposed your head on to naked ladies and i sold them on e-bay. So na na na na na.

Glad to see you so happy.

Any chance you introducing me to Vanessa? She sounds fab. Please tell me she's over 40 and up for it! No? Bollocks

Delbut said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delbut said...

Sorry, had to delete the above due to a number of words missing which i left out due to my hand shaking with the thought of what i eventually wrote.

Think Delbut needs some Prozak.

oh, and by the way. I have a tidy camera if you need the girls'night of ahem... crafting, PJs, wine and massage recording for prosperity. NOW i could make a fortune with those pics.

Ben R said...

PS - in addition to Delbut schedule of activity above, I can lend you my camera for the pillow fight in pyjamas!!

Delbut and I, in the words of Derek Trotter, could be milwionnaires!!!

..at £10 a CD on eBay at least!!!

Ben R

Sarah said...

I think if there was like an Academy Awards in scrapbooking, you'd be taking home the gold.

boogaloo dude said...

Went into a store yesterday called 'Luscious Paper' and thought of you. hope you're well.
Elizabeth Solaka