Friday, February 02, 2007

Weekend!!!!!!!!!

Thank Goodness!!
I am SO tired I cannot function properly - this working lark is NOT good for my health!!!
Today was the LONGEST working day ever. Started at 8.30 as usual and by 9.30 was moaning GOOD and proper that surely it was lunch time!
Honestly - no idea why it went SO slow as I had LOADS of work to do and loads of arguments to have with idiots that can't do their jobs ........... well OK that is not fair - they can do their job - they just have trouble counting up to 24 ................ and adding 10 and 10 together seems an issue too .....................

SO basically I moaned all day. And then I moaned some more when the Friday afternoon donuts failed to appear. I mean - I NEED those donuts. I was really NOT impressed I can tell you.
I was on the verge of wasting away. One HUGE ham and cheese Tiger roll at 11.30 followed by a sausage sarnie at 1.30 - then crisps at 3 is really NOT enough to keep me going.

AND then I got a smart arse comment when I got ready to leave at 5.24 ........... jeez 6 minutes early. I actually got questioned to "Use my own judgement in deciding whether it was appropriate to finish" I promptly informed them that I had done approximately 3 hours more work than them due to their pissing about and play fighting .............. So yes fully appropriate - in fact I should have left earlier. I am such a LOUD mouth. Ness would have been proud (she was off sick today - maybe why the day was so dull!!!!!)

But hey nuff moaning (all in jest btw I am totally fine!) Today was good in that I handed over a few commissioned cards - and got asked for 4 more ................. BUT OK I AM GONNA MOAN AGAIN - I have a LIST of stuff to make. I don't wanna be doing more cards for people.
OK Have you got up to speed yet - I am on a moan evening. Grumpy overtired - not impressed that I have to work again tomorrow.

Right lets change subject - LOTS to be excited about.
The totally unorganised Bex has a list of stuff to do.
I need to .......................
Do a page in Susans Circle Journal - theme Wonders of Winter and so far it is STUNNING.
I need to do 2 ATC's for Wendys challenge - first time trying them so should be fun
Scrap stars are having a cyber crop this weekend so no doubt something will catch my eye.
Lise has organised a "Book of favourite things" challenge which i have signed up to
Carol posted the most fabby project for making storage drawers which is tempting
Em has challenged a SB LO to include 3 hearts .......... and different fonts etc
And Ems over at SS has challenged us to take a pic of ourselves in the mirror (This one will take all month I feel!!!!)
Oh and a box of Valentines cards for both jobs too -might as well!

So I have LOADS to crack on with and will upload piccies as soon as things take shape and are done xxxxxxxx
Oh and good news from Bex too - for the first time in my life - and in a moment of madness I submitted one of my layouts to a magazine - and they responded the next day saying they would like to publish it along with editorial - OOH CHECK ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right I am actually going to be a sad sack and go to bed as i am SO tired I could actually cry!!!
Pathetic!
I hope you are all well xxxxxxx And ooh if you wanna moan you have a 24 hour license to do so (I don't normally tolerate moaning but as I am in moan zone feel free!!!!)
Love Bex xxxxxx

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Will most definitely do that for you! :o)

Delbut said...

Ok. Here goes. I spent fucking ages yesterday trying to get tickets for your potential brother-in-law's gig in the Albert Fucking Hall. Anyway. Got a couple inthe end but i think they are sitting on the roof with a telescope attachment. If i can get some bullets for my gun, i'm going to hold up the local co-op to get some money to buy a proper ticket. DId you know, that bullets are So hard to get these days, and expensive when you find them? To top that off, I didn't finish work til late and then i read about you sivving off early. So i'm pissed, really pissed.

Ben R said...

The Friday afternoon donuts?! We don't get them at our place!! I used to nip into Krispy Kreme's (in Tesco Express) by Slough Bus Station whenever I had to go to Heathrow or Egham. Can't beat those Caramel Kreme Crunch or New York Cheesecake varieties, or any ones with knobbly bits on....mmmm....might have to head over there soon!!


I don't blame you feeling pissed off about work, some people always take the piss wherever you work! Chin up lass, it's the weekend now! I've felt down the past week or so, but see the light at the end of the tunnel. At least I think that's what it is; it could be someone holding a match to light a fart in my face!

I always have a chuckle when I see Speshial mentioned. To me "Spesh" is always associated with homeless drunks!! I think it's also known as Tramp's Treacle!!!


Take care, and enjoy your crafting bits and bobs!

Ben

Ben R said...

Ha ha - Delbut, it yook so long to write my 'war and piaece' epic above, you snuck into number 2!!

(the position, not the dump!!)

You're heading up to the Alby also!

See you there maybe!

Cathy with a C said...

Hi, Bex

I'll be going to Joe's Pub in February. If I get any decent photos, I'll send them to you.

Hope you had a creative and productive weekend - sounded like you had lots on your agenda!

Cathy

grace said...

Looks like alot of things to do on your list, hope that you are getting in some rest time for yourself. I'll only moan about the fact that I have to be away from my 2 dogs til Monday, well for good reason, my brother is getting married tomorrow. Hope they will forgive me when they see me

xx

Ben R said...

Hey Bex!

no need to worry about me - just had a bit of the blues with the new job. I'm back to my usual self over this weekeend, and I've learnt not to worry too much, and there's worse stuff than my job in this world!!

Thanks for looking out though!

Ben