Monday, February 26, 2007

Another Monday ..........

Unlike my sister who views Mondays as "ACE" and a chance to get going with things - I HATE THEM!!!!!
Firstly I had a lovely weekend - so Monday coming round is harsh. Back to work and all - but Monday is done now so I am happy Bex!
My Dad, his wife and her son came up yesterday and the wisdom that is Bex thought I would plan a "day out". Now when i say plan I actually mean a last minute idea with no research behind it at all.................... VERY against the grain for my Dad who plans stuff with military precision
So they all arrive and off we go headed for Woburn Safari Park. (Bex has clocked the craft fair is on there so has to be good right????)
So we do the "Dad" thing of having to go and buy a picnic lunch .......... so I trek miles out of the way to Sainsburies and we buy it .............. and off we go with Bex navigating. As we get back to my house from getting food and start the journey I remember there is a supermarket on the way - oopsy.
So back to Bex navigating ............. I have a vague idea of where it is cos I got lost round there recently ......... this info does not go down well with Dad when we are half way there and I am getting more vague.
THANKYOU for the sudden appearance of the Brown Elephant signs!!!!!!
Get there no problem ......... and it is PACKED. SO OK I DID NOT THINK ABOUT REDUCED ADMISSION FEES COS OF CRAFT FAIR!
So the apparently "45 minutes safari drive" takes 2 and a half hours - and what is Bex to do????
Well of course I MOANED. And my step brother Karl quite happily played the back seat kids moaning game with me. It was actually a real laugh to be in our 30's and TOTALLY winding up the parents!

Had a few funny moments - like me being so starving I manage to squeeze into the boot to salvage picnic - not allowed to get out of car due to lions and tigers and bears ............ (OH MY!) Yes we did play that game too ..............
Had a VERY scary moment when we were totally gridlocked with traffic and a HUGE male Lion was at my window STARING at me and my ham sarnie. Nearly poo'd my pants. No Pic cos I was FAR too scared to move ............. what a total wuss - It was only a Lion .................. with a wee bit of glass in a VW between him and me ............

The "Bears" however chose not to read the signs that are everywhere telling people that they like to nick wingmirrors ........... I SO wanted them to nick Dads but nah they were too busy climbing trees and sleeping ............
The monkeys were also on best behaviour - bet they wouldn't have been if we had taken my car ...............

Then this evening I have been out for dinner with my mate Sues 2 boys and her Mum. We had an ace time - ate FAR too much Pizza, ice cream etc. I reckon her youngest even has the potential to puke tonight perhaps. (No problemo - he is safely deposited home with his Grandma Greta!!! And my phone is now off ...................) x Sorry Greta but as discussed I don't do the aftermath - just the planning!! xx
Mind you this is a VERY feeble effort as i was planning to totally corrupt them whilst Sue was away - oh well I have 5 days still ...............

So rambling Bex with tummy FULL of pizza and cheesecake is off to bed xxxx

OH AND EM - I am cracking up at your comments on my photography - the recipe is simple.
NEVER clean camera lense, only decide to use camera after 10pm when it is dark, turn off flash.
Hey presto naff pics!!!!!

Glad to be of help

Love Bex xxxxxxxxxxxxx

7 comments:

Em said...

Wow Bex, that is a post and a half Missy!!!

Glad you had a lovely time with your family - lion sounds v scary!

I do not think you should say your photography is "naff" I was very impressed by the effect, and was expecting you to say you used a such-and-such lens to get it to look so lovely and "foggy" although I know that is completely the wrong word LOL!!!

xxx

Bex said...

OH EM you meant THAT pic .....

Yeah that one was taken with a digital SLR at shutter speed 284.
Lighting set to 47% angle 98.

Photoshop - added five layered masks, touched up the hue of the 186 cos it was a bit stark ..........
then made a cup of tea xxxxx

Can email you more detailed instructions if you like as it is Photgraphy NVQ Level 4 stuff xxxxxx

PMSL

I am so sad

Bex xxxxxxx

Rachel said...

Bex, Im grinning reading this post - as we too love zoo / safari park`s etc, but we dont look as daft now we have the kids teehee. The trip sounds so much fun infact an action packed weekend so no wonder you didnt want Monday to come around - at least we are almost half way throu the week!. Be good xxx

maggieb said...

Bex i never realised you had a blog so i have just been reading. Love the story about safari park. it reminds me of when i was a wee girl (Many years ago) My uncle took us to a safari park & the monkey's were jumping all over the car one managed to break the wing mirror but as kids we thought it was funny

Sue said...

OMG you are so NUTS

Sue said...

meant to say my kids think you are ACE

I am explaining to them you are NUTS :)

xxxx

Jane said...

Bex, this post had me cracking up ! sooo funny. could just picture the 'kids in the back'- my brother and I did that to my Dad recently too. Along with wails of 'how long is it?' and 'I'm gonna be sick !' thanks for making me smile !