Friday, February 09, 2007

Crazy Snow World

Well erm yes it did snow.
A LITTLE bit!! Dunno - no more than about 4 inches I reckon

AND what is the UK like!!!!!!
Went to work Thursday and only 20% of the office turned up - and most of them live within a mile - I managed it and I am 6 miles away ...............
Got let off 32 minutes early though as a reward - erm THANKS!!!!!!
Most schools closed ............ trains, roads grind to a halt ......... BUT I don't see the point in discussing it - us Brits are crap when it comes to little "weather hiccups" I mean the trouble the leaves falling off the trees this autumn caused - crikes British Rail didn't know what had hit em! Good job the leaves don't fall off every year eh?? ...............................
SO back to "snowgate"
No sooner did it come - and pretty it looked initially - but soon turned to black slush muck and now there is not really any left.
Maisie LOVED it and ran around the garden shoving her head in it - she is strange .........

Me - well I find it inconvenient and it doesn't help to be at work and have email updates of snowball fights in the street and much fun from my mate Sue. I could have done with a day "playing" like a kid again!!!!!

SO what else in new in Bex world - well not a lot to be honest!!! Work tomorrow and Bex day on Sunday. So Sunday will be perhaps a day to stay in PJ's and be a slob and craft.
I need to up my game if world domination is going to happen any time soon.
Perhaps I will challenge myself to blog daily for a week ...............................

We'll see xxxxx Not sure my life is interesting enough!

Love Bex

3 comments:

Ben R said...

I know that feeling of being one of the few who did make it in - only about 18 out of 115 in our department made it in.

One of the girls ended up in a ditch, and a colleague went in behind her. It took me 45 mins to go 7-8 miles, chugging along at 20 all the way. My poor little car didn't like it at all, and stalled once going uphill in second?!
Dunno aobut other car, but I can slot it into 2nd, and the thing goes on the flat at 10 mph, uphill at 10 mph, and downhill depends on the slope.
I remember driving it on holiday around the campsite, with the door open, my feet out sideways, trying to cool down (it was that bloody hot July last year!)
Copper at the end of the campsite didn't look too impressed with me!!

Bad thing about the snow is the Post Office couldn't deliver my Attic Jam tickets - I got an e-mail today from Eelpie, so I hope the paper ones arrive Monday morning!!!


Take care,

Ben

colleen m said...

Did you take pics so you can scarp the event?

We havent gotten any of the white stuff this year -- well nothing to speak of and we need feetof the stuff to close anything down. I am glad it is on that side of the pond.

Suesjoy said...

Hee hee that's like when it rains here in San Diego...everyone on the freeway drives at about 20 mph...there are accidents galore...crazy!
You are a trooper braving the British blizzard though!
Take care,
Love,
Suexx