Friday, February 15, 2008

Is Bex Back?

Hmm I might be - I have decided i am going to TRY to take this blogging lark seriously ........ so please do check back for the next week or so and see if I manage to keep this darned thing updated!

So in Bex world what has happened?
Well I have mostly been on a First Aid course all week.
Lots of bandages, lots of fake nasty role plays where you feel like a total plank. (I HATE role plays)
Lots of information to absorb ........
Lots of lying on the floor being pulled into the recovery position as I was the tiniest!
Lots of food - I knew it would be dull so did a HUGE junk food shop and went on a mission to eat my way through the week. I have put on 4 pounds in a week - FAB.
And then today I had the nasty assessment day. Normally I am fine with stuff like this, exams and such like ........... but when it comes to first aid it brings back memories of college.
I had to do a 26 week First Aid intensive course and it was HORRID.
On exam day out of 20 of us only 8 passed (Luckily I did) and the rest had to redo the entire 26 week course again.
So yep - me and First Aid courses have a history that instills fear in me.

So this week i have been confident, fine in fact.......... I already knew the info - hell 26 weeks of it is enough not to forget the basics to see me through a 4 day course.
But OMG did I shake going into the exam!
Nasty nasty stuff and luckily I passed and can return to work as a qualified first aider (DO NOT injure yourself in my store as my skills are pretty shite, my "bedside" manner is worse!)

So now I am relaxing and getting ready for a weekend of challenges over at Just Bex Forum.
Tis fab - there are loads of challenges and I have done no work towards it so can play with them all like the rest of the gang :)

Right will head off now and finish my well deserved glass of wine x
I WILL be back tomorrow - pwomise x
Love Bex xxxxxxx

3 comments:

Leigh said...

aww I don't envy you Bex, I don't fancy a first aid course as I cringe when someone gets a paper cut. Take it easy.

Kristen said...

oh LOL on the first aid - hopefully noone will need it during the challenges!!!

Anonymous said...

Eeek, first aid training brings back not so enjoyable memories for me too, so I empathise.

Looking forward to reading more postings....