Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lovely Weekend - and look what I have to make! :)

Well I have had a really lovely few days ........ bliss in fact.
I had a nice couple of days really deep cleaning and sorting out my room ready for organised crafting rather than crafting in chaos.
My Aunt and Uncle have taken quite a bit of stuff for their Grandchildren to use - fabby.
Yesterday I had a nice day out in France with friends - and OMG did I eat (and drink!).
7 courses later and I officially have a pot belly - GREAT!
Today I popped into work (Hobbycraft for anyone who doesn't know) and I need to start thinking about some new displays.
Lets say that the following stuff is all fabulous in its own right for kids etc but I am not sure I will enjoy working with it! I am such a crafting snob :)
SO firstly the wooden stuff ready to decorate - quite cute, but not sure I am a painter and will do it justice!


Then the make your own mache decorations ............

The dreaded Fun Foam :)And these are actually REALLY cute and I am loving them lots! Totally sweet FF stamps - lets see if I can turn these babies into cute Xmas cards!With the matching papers ...............And then of course it wouldn't be Christmas without a few ready made embellishments! :)

I will report ack with progress............. and any ideas anyone has for fab displays with any of the above do feel free to share - I have plans mapped out but you may be on a better wavelength than me!

Right off to get the acrylic paint out.

Love n Hugs

Bex

6 comments:

lisa said...

Have Fun Bex
lis xx

Melis said...

Not jealous at all that you get to play with all of that wonderful stuff. I used the foam shapes with the kids in the after school club and they went down a storm. We used glitter glue, lots of sequins and pom poms.

Rachel said...

Hi Bex - you can borrow Cait if you like - she loves glitter glue, pom poms and tissue paper!!!!

Have fun and get messy!!!!!!

Rachel

Hazel said...

What with the wooden stuff and the dread fun foam, it's obviously a dubious pleasure having access to all that crafty stuff and having to make something with it. I'm sure you'll make something so wonderful that we'll all want to go out and buy everything. xx

Sue said...

ermmmm


nice!!!????+++

PMSL rather you than me

CLARE said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it all. I have to fess, I have the big snowflakes - thought they would look good glittered and stuck on 6x6 cards, however I can't believe how much glitter is needed to cover them - I used up nearly a whole tube. Have fun