Thursday, October 26, 2006

Nearly the weekend ............

And not sure what plans I have. Part of me thinks active weekend of catching up with friends .......... the other part of me says "Hey winter is on its way, it is cold out there ......". So I will decide whether I can brave the elements and get out and about!

Had a busy and productive day today. Have done the mundane jobs like banking, food shopping, washing etc.

Ooh my order arrived today from Blonde Moments - DROOL. The Xmas papers are just fab.
I think I know what I am playing with tonight!

Not done a huge amount of craft related things today as the day seems to have just gone too quickly!
I was asked yesterday to make something "blue" for a friends Mum to keep her pens in by the phone

OK Blue paper I have much of ............... things to alter? Well i started out with a set of 4 metal buckets that I got in poundland - and oddly they were 50p............ That should have given me the sign that something was amiss.............
SO they LOOK OK. And I take off the outer fastenings to separate them ready to work magic on.
AND OMG could they have any more sharp bits of metal sticking out of them? Sorry Nic but third cut of fingers they went in the bin.
OK so now what do I have I can make into a pen pot ........... raid the cupboards ........ and find that the tub of Coffeemate looks fit for purpose. So OK it isn't an all singing all dancing 4 pot mega storage solution. But it should hold a few pens ...................

And then as the paper was out anyway I made a little book to go with it so it doesn't look too lonely.

And if you have bothered to read this far then please say Hi!

And there we have it -that is my Thursday.

Right off to play with new papers .....................


Love and Hugs
Bex xx

10 comments:

Lisa said...

These are lovely Bex - I'm sure Nic will love them xx

Delbut said...

Why you not in work??

Anyway. As you put me to shame on the blogging front. What's that? One a day for the last week?

I thought i would comment upon such craftiness. Have the days of cutting off the bottoms of washing-up liquid passed us by? I spent hours trying to fashion a Tracey island from old shoe boxes and ladies underwear. The bra cups made good mountains. and if you turned one over it would double up as a swimming pool for Scott tracey.

i digress. Would it be wise to put some velvet on the bottom of the tin to protect the ends of the pens when they drop in? I just invented that.

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Hi Bex thanks for visiting my blog, i am still trying to get my head round it. I have managed to add some more blogs with the help of Kathy with an email. Love the cards you have done with the blonde moments , cannot wait to get mine.

Andrea xx

Ben R said...

Cor blimey missus!

(or should that be Delbut's missus?!!)

You must have overdosed on the blog-coffee drug these days! Even I can't keep up with your frenetic posting these days. (I know it's only 1 a day, but hell, I'm a snail in this tortoised-paced world!!)

Seeing Del's comment how is the new job going? Hope it is all well.
Can't wait to start my new one.

Ben

PS - I know cars do survive on roads, but unfortunately the cul-de-sac I live in would be blocked by the width of the car!! I just want one so I can do stuff like in the Dukes of Hazzard eg jump buildings and have moonshine runs from the Thames Valley Police!

I'm just looking for someone to be a Daisy Duke in those tiny hotpants! Delbut might get the role be default if no-one (literally) steps into them! I've got goosebumps now for some reason!!!

boogaloo dude said...

"Hi!"

boogaloo dude said...

Oh that was smart assy. I wanted to say that from my monitor, that periwinkle color with the buttery yellow is gorgeous.

Saffa said...

Awww Bex they are lovely..you have been sooooo busy...!!!!!!!! Hope you still have some fingers left!!

xxSaffa

Sarah said...

i love doing crafts as well! i'm such a geek with the scrapbooking, i seem to always be putting one together.

Kathy said...

Lovely stuff Bex

Great to hear that you're still loving the new house.

Carolyn said...

...sorry how can you buy something from Poundland for 50p - are you sure....tee hee