Thursday, October 25, 2007

OUCH!!

Hi Guys

Sorry for the lack of blogging this week
New job is going just great - I am going to so love it and already have a list longer than a toilet roll of things that need to be actioned.

BUT the ouch is for my poor little size 4 feet.
I cannot tell you how much they hurt! I know all will be fine in a few weeks as the large part of my career I have been in an ops environment on my feet ................ BUT I have just spent a year sitting on my not so large fat arse in front of a computer screen so right now it hurts!!!
In store they reckon the floor manager walks near on 10 miles a day - I am not sure this is accurate but I think my feet would say 20!!
So in one way roll on tomorrow evening when I have a weekend off - and on the other hand not wanting to leave the shop for 2 days!!!
I am SO in to this new job and already know that I am going to love it.
I am also going to nick the counter gadget that my Step Mum Sheila has for next week as I will be intrigued just how many miles a day I am walking!

SO all in all a very dull post for you to read - I LOVE my new job and am sure I am going to love it for some time, I am looking forward to 3 weeks time when my feet don't throb uncontrollably at 4pm ................ And I am looking forward to the whole body adjust thing so I can come home feeling a bit less washed out.
Dad has been away this last week and I am now off to do the guilty teenage thing of tidying the house to a state way better than it was when they went away .............. even though all I want to do is crawl into bed!

All I can say is that Dad better have a nice glass of red awaiting me at 7pm tomorrow - and my sister will hopefully have prepped my nephew who is coming to stay that Bex is NOT to be woken before 10am on Saturday. This is a naff wish though as I know he is up at 7 and his Mum and Dad are off to France on a booze Cruise at 6am so he will wake up ............ All I can say at this point is that I wil try not to swear when he comes in to my room and jumps on me :)

So Saturday is childcare zone with no doubt a trip to the beach etc, Sat night hopefully I will be rewarded with a French platter of pate, bread and wine ............ and then Sunday I really want to play!!!!

OK am rambling now and should be cleaning so will dash x
Love to all and I will visit your blogs and return comments on Sunday - sorry but life gets in the way sometimes xx

Love Bex

6 comments:

Cathy with a C said...

Hey, Bex

Sounds like things are going great for you (with the exception of your poor feet)! Great new job, fantastic forum, beautiful crafty designs, and a close family. Only thing missing is sleep. I don't get enough sleep either but at least my kids are old enough to take care of themselves if they get up before me.

Have a great weekend!

Cathy xox

Anonymous said...

It always great to hear when you're enjoying what you're doing. Congrats on the new gig, and hopefully your nephew didn't kick you in the head saturday morning trying to wake you up. I know football season is in full flight, but you're far too good looking to have your head kicked around like it's a free for all at recess. Have a great weekend!

Leigh said...

So glad the new job is going well Bex, lol I was going to suggest getting one of them step counter things. Hope your nephew hasn't woken you too early today, lol I had 3 of mine stay with me once years ago and they were up at half 6.

grace said...

Hi Bex, I am so happy you like your new job. A pedicure/massage/hot was treatment is in order!
Sounds like some good weekend plans, enjoy yourself!

xx

grace said...

hot 'wax'

Delbut said...

But you still haven't said what the new job is. I'm guessing it's in a store somewhere? Are you security? A secret shopper? A shoplifter? I know, a window dummy? Oh, give me A clue.