Monday, October 01, 2007

A VERY Special Place xx

On Sunday I went to meet my sister at Wiccaweys
This place and what they do is just amazing.
As some of you will know I adore dogs, and others will know that the mere sight of a dog in the street sends Bex into doggie language of "Oh Hi!".
I think it is only since I became a dog owner a couple of years back that I can honestly say I don't care about the bad breath, the stinky fur, the muddy paws - they are all just little angels and can make me as grubby as they like! Oh, and btw they all smell of roses really :)
So when my sister started to fundraise for animal shelters, and when I read my fabby friend Carols blog ........ well we found Wiccaweys - and I am SO glad we did.
Wiccaweys is run by Sarah and Paul - and crikey these guys have seriously dedicated their lives to rescuing and caring for Border Collies. (Oh and a few intruders in disguise!)
Along with a fantastic team of volunteers they work non stop to care for the dogs, to take in as many as they can from all over the UK & Ireland, and of course to rehome them.
Since Sunday I am trying to think what on earth I can do to help. I wish I had stacks of money but I don't :(
So instead I am going to book some craft fairs for the festive period and donate a percentage to Wiccaweys. I am also going to provide a box of cards for their little shop on site.
And most importantly once I have sorted out my work schedule I am going to make sure I am around every so often to help walk the dogs and do whatever is needed at a practical level.
I am also trying hard to think of an event to run on my forum in the new year to make a few pennies x
So for all my ramblings I would like to introduce you to 2 VERY special boys who me and Rach instantly fell in love with.

First off is Jim. Jim is an old boy, and is blind. He arrived at Wiccaweys in a poor old state and had to be shaved. This boy has the BIGGEST paws and is SUCH a gentle giant. I adored him and after realising that he wasn't in fact trying to push me over when walking him, but instead nestling into my legs for reassurance of where he was going - well I loved him even more.
Mind you, he can jump up and land on you with about 99% accuracy for cuddles :)
And second was Allun, another gorgeous blind boy who was just so sweet and needs lots of talking and cuddles x I think Rachel and him bonded pretty well :)

So the point of all my rambling?
Well you never know who reads these things - and if anyone reading would like to know more about how to help Wiccaweys - well the link is here
So if you have time then do stop by and have a read up on a place that really does do some fantastic work and needs all the help it can get to fund the ongoing costs xxx
Love Bex

8 comments:

Carol said...

aaaw Jim and Allun are such special boys that deserve to have wonderful caring homes.

There's nothing in the world like a cuddle from the very fetching Jim (hugs)

Glad you had a good time hun and i will deffo meet you down there next time. xx

Andrea, said...

Such beautiful dogs. Can you give me the details of the shelter as we are looking to get a border collie.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

I have been to Wiccaways and I have a friend who does alot for them
The place,people and dogs are all amazing

Leigh said...

aww Bex, they are all so gorgeous.

James Casey said...

You are sweet. You're also busy, so for you to make such a long post shows clearly how much this affects you and means to you.

grace said...

Hi Bex, I enjoyed these photos of these most adorable dogs over at your sisters, and I think that if you 2 got together you could do so much for the dogs. I am a HUGE dog lover too, if I see a dog, most often I do not remember the owner but I do the dog. I have a post regarding 'lastchanceforanimals' who did undercover work at a kennel of, what I call, torture. It is 3 posts ago, its on the page when the blog comes up. But you could just go to the website too if you prefer. I received my Summer from NBRAN.org, national brittany rescue, and the volunteers involved there are amazing people, they are so overrun with Brittanys in foster that I think each foster home has about 8 or 10 dogs, and they need more foster homes.
I agree I don't care about stinkyness with a dog, I will take the kisses!! How is your Maisie?
And when do you and Rach start the foster home care??!!:)

take care

Suesjoy said...

Beautiful post Bex!
Yes, dogs ARE angels...they give so much...unconditionally.
Very special people at Wiccaways.
(Are they witches?) :)

xxx

BlackVelvetLace said...

LOL Sue I wondered the same thing!

Bex, I didn't know that you were as involved as Rachel with Wiccaweys! This is entirely sweet of you too!! You are amazing.

xox
~Lace~