Friday, April 06, 2007

Bank Holidays - Love them x

So on a Bank Holiday High last night I went bowling with work.
Of course i did not bowl - because I can't - I have a problem with letting go of the ball and actually hate it so instead I had a couple of cold beers x And a lot of laughs!

Thanks for all your vibes about the interview - I have been offered a job and have "gone home for the weekend to think about it" lol
Like what I am thinking about I am not sure ....... It is an 8.30 - 5.30 job down the road - I come home at lunch time - it is not high pressure at all - in fact it is a very easy life.
I am thinking I will accept on Tuesday perhaps x

I've had a lovely day today. I woke up early and went on a mad Bleaching mission. Did all the kitchen cupboards and walls etc. Felt very virtuous.

My Local pub - which is VERY local - about 5 doors away - opened last night after a refurb and I have to say I have only been in there twice in 6 months. BUT they put vouchers through our doors for "Complimentary" drinks so it would have been rude to ignore them.

This afternoon about 6 of the cottages went on mass to the pub and we had a lovely afternoon lazing in the sunshine in the garden. It really was fantastic. I know all of my neighbours to talk to but to spend an afternoon just chilling and playing with their kids was ace and I am sure it has geared our little community up for a fantastic summer! (We sort of have a very open planned garden scheme so no hiding from each other!)

Now I am getting organised to go down to my Dads tomorrow to spend time with my family - which will be lovely.
Must remember to buy my nephew an Easter Egg tomorrow cos I guess he is expecting one

Have a lovely Easter weekend everyone - I am so far and am confident it will continue to be just perfect x

Love Bex

3 comments:

Bonfire Jones said...

Hello Bex, Don't think I've ever visited your blog before.

Just wanted to stop by to say hello & introduce myself.

Cheers! Ed

Suesjoy said...

Hey Ed found you through ME!
:)

CONGRATS on your job offer Bex!

I am envious of your neighborhood.
Tonight at the gym I was thinking how isolated suburbia in America can be.
People drive into their garage...shut the garage door...that's it. It's a rare sight to see people hanging out chatting...I know a FEW of my neighbors, but we never hang out.
The friends we DID make moved a few years ago (but at least we DO see eachother often because our kids are best friends).

I would love to be able to walk down to a local pub and hang out (we used to do that all the time in Boston). I know things change when you have kids though...ANYWAY I am getting too maudlin and nostalgic here.
All I can say is, enjoy your freedom while you have it...
It looks like you are!!
Happy Easter!
Love,
Suexx

KEVIN KENNEDY said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE JOB OFFER.It sounds like your summer is starting off good.We had a cold front pass through here in the midwest.It didnt stop the outdoor activities.Im waiting to hear about a promotion myself.Im afraid i wont hear untill are local elections are over, on the 17th.That politics for ya.Hope you and your family had a nice easter weekend together.KEVIN