Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Pencil Lines Sketch


OK So here is the LO I did last night.
VERY SIMPLE and really not how I normally scrap - But I kind of like it!
I actually completed this LO in about 45 minutes which is a HUGE result for me - But it is quite obviously taking the original sketch at very face value and not playing with it.
I got home tonight and was tempted to "Bex" it up but have resisted. Why?

Well a very talented scrapper recently posted a comment on a forum I am a member of that was very constructive and made me realise that sometimes a Layout is all about the photo.
So as this photo is divine I have left it well alone. The picture is my Grandma and my Dad. I will add journalling at some point.

Amidst the box of pictures I have brought here there is a beautiful album of pictures that literally chart my Dads life from birth to about nineteen. And every picture is dated. FANTASTIC. And I was shocked to hear from Dad that he did it - I thought my fabulous Grandma had done it. So hence not adding journalling right now - I need to spend time reviewing his album and working out how to keep the journalling in a similar style throughout. (perhaps - I may of course go mental as usual and fluff it all up with ribbons and buttons!)

So there you are!

You can see the original sketch for the challenge HERE and also you can drool over the fabulous entries from the Design Team. Think I may add this to my weekly list of challenges!
Thanks Girls.

Love Bex xx

12 comments:

Ronzi said...

Bex - Nice work. I really like the way you did that. It looks like it took hours, but its nice to know you didnt. I see you are equally as artistic as Rachel. Its so nice to have a talented family like yours. Do you heave any recent photo's of you , I dont recall seeing one in a while.

Great stuff, I would love to see more.

Be Well
L- Ronzi
www.thebbsmusic.com

anita said...

Wow! It doesn't look simple at all! Great colorcombination too!

Suesjoy said...

Oh it's just perfect Bex. Love the colour and simplicity.
Nice work!
Hugs,
Suexx

elena said...

It's beautiful Bex!!! Your hands should be valued at 100 million pounds, or more!!! Really, you've got wonderful ideas and it's great that you can make them real.

ElenaXXXXX

BlackVelvetLace said...

Bex,

You do amazing work.

~Lace~

grace said...

You still seem to amaze me with your art. Wonderful.

And of course, which is most important!! give Maisie a kiss from me and her fellow spaniels, Summer & June. What a play spree that would be, huh?

xx grace

Ben R said...

Hey Bex!!

Just wondered if you are doing private comissions?

My parents have their silver wedding anniversary next month, and wondered if you could design a card with some photos from their wedding day!

give me a shout about costs, address, etc. I think they have their photos on 2 or 3 CDs, so I'll burn a secret copy to use wihtout them knowing!!

e-mail addy is

benjamincreeve@aol.com

Cheers!

Ben R
Ben R

Bonfire Jones said...

Hi Bex, very nice work! There's a really nice vibe about it.

BTW... Thanks for your comment on my blog!

I'll have to badger J.K. Rowling into doing a 'years on' HP.

Which I can 'star' in of course ;0)

All the Best, Ed

Je@net said...

Love this LO!! It's beautiful!!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Such a beautiful layout Bex.

Anam_Kihaku said...

beautiful work. loving that photo. can we add a copy to the readers gallery at pencil lines ?

Paula Whittaker said...

love that touch of green with the pink...fab LO!