Sunday, April 08, 2007

A Trip Down Memory Lane .........

I am feeling very weird - but happy weird.
Have spent a blissful 2 days with family doing really tourist stuff in Southend and it has been ace.
Today I ventured into the VERY hot loft at Dads and brought back a couple of HUGE boxes of photo albums .................
LOVELY memories and I have sat in the lounge with Maisie laughing and crying - but all happy stuff!
I Love that Mum was a scrapper in the making and put loads of pics in albums with lables etc.
REALLY got me though that all the pics that she never got round to putting in albums had instead been "filed" in envelopes with her writing on them.
I haven't looked through them all yet - but I have just been through an envelope entitled "MY GIRLS" ............... which struck a chord cos, well we were and we only called ourselves that after she had gone x
Bless - there are some corkers in there dating back YEARS!!!

AND weirdly this weekend I bumped into my childhood sweetheart - with a one year old kid in his arms. Me and Si go WAY back - we grew up next door to each other and were apparently destined to be together as we spent ALL our time together getting matching haircuts etc. Sweet x I haven't seen him for about 5 years believe it or not - a bit of a fall out over him being scared to introduce me to his "serious" girlfriend.
Well I can say now that I have met her ........ for the first time lol. And she was like "OH SO YOU ARE BEX" But then she cracked up laughing ......... and handed me the kid for a cuddle so obvioulsy all is well. We have now exchanged mobile numbers once again and plan to meet up very soon for a proper catch up which will be lovely.
So back to the photo talk ................ in this particular envelope is a VERY sweet pic of us at our first Ball = aged 16 (He hired a Tux and everything!) I will scan pics tomorrow and post for a laugh.
I hope Si isn't reading this cos well - he has piled on about 20 stone since then and I was SO SHOCKED I didn't recognise him!!!!!! Perhaps I will scrap the pics for him with a "you fat bastard" header .......... Bless him - he still has the same smile and gives the same hugs and he is obviously VERY happy which is ace.

So first installment of a trip down memory lane will be posted tomorrow with pics of my first proper black tie do - which will be scrapped at some point in time.
Oh - and YES of course I have plenty of "Rach" pics - BUT I will be a good sister and email them to her to let her reveal them on her own blog - cos we all know she is up for a laugh and will!

Enjoy BH Monday all
Love and Snugs
Bex

1 comment:

KEVIN KENNEDY said...

HI BEX,I found a box of photos like that after my mother passed away in may of 2002,it brought back so many memories.There is a girl here in springfield who is really creative with that stuff,she is doing some photos for me right now.It may be a good collaboration for you.Her name is KIMBERLY SMOOT.Check her site out, i think you will like what she does with photos.KEVIN WWW.kimberlysmootphotography.com