Friday, November 10, 2006

Extreme Crafting Weekend

Oh yes it is. Over at Carolyns we are being challenged ALL weekend.
And I plan to totally enter every category ........ see how long that lasts eh! Now I am taking this VERY seriously you see. It is of course just for fun and to get us all in the festive spirit and ready for crimbo. But no - for me I am DETERMINED to get loads of points.
Now so you can join in I will explain. Each challenge has a points on completion. And you can do as many as you like. But obv. there are only so many hours in a day - may have to work through the night to do this cos people are also working mega hard ...........

So OK Challenge 1 - Make a Tree decoration. (10 Points)
Done - Mini slide mount. Front and back are both decorated identically. Pic is of my nephew Liam when he was a wee tot!


Challenge 2 - Make a card using ric rac. (5 Points)

Now for those not in the know....... ric rac is silly squiggly ribbon which whilst effective is a total PIG to stick down. Which is probably why I never use it.

But here are my efforts so far.

Now sadly I cannot have the points for the first one as I did this as a demo for the challenge and therefore it was done yesterday. See I told you I am taking this seriously

So points total so far = 20

And Challenge 3 has been announced.

Alter a CD. OK off to find a CD to change into something spectacular.............. ideas welcome.

And OMG tomorrow is my day of "elf duty" at a Santa's Grotto. Why did I volunteer for that eh? Will miss out on most of the day of challenges so will have to work hard tomorrow night!

Love Bex (Woman on a mission!!)

6 comments:

Ben R said...

Santa's Grotto?!

Bit early isn't it?!! We'll want photo evidence of what goes on around the time. I don't know why, all my local Santa grottos seem to be in Garden Centres; is that normal? I don't usually get in them, but I try to. Last time, I ruptured Santa's knee ligaments. That'll teach the big red b8stard for not giving me a winning lottery ticket!

Just finished my first week for J&J PRD (Pharma Research and Development). Loadsa stuff to learn, but it's all going in my brain. Great having a dirt-cheap restaurant and cafe on site, but John Lewis next door is tempting for my bank balance!! Had the fire brigade out as well this afternoon, right before 4pm (going home time!! yesss!) to add to the fun.

Keep chasing those crafty points - I used to have a jacket with that gold ric rug rat race stuff around the lapels and cuffs. Looked a bit military-styled, and quite the Bobby Dazzler! Shame it doesn't go with my velvet and silk "enhanced" flares I wear!!

As I say, be good, or if you can't be good, don't get caught!

Ben R

James Casey said...

So. The pictures from Elf Duty go online when?

Bex, the... the second picture. For instance, the Father Christmas face. Did you cut out each layer? And how did you do the white border on the Christmas Tree and the present ribbon?

Is there a 24 hour documentary wherein you're given a challenge and the camera crew follows you around all the time so that we can find out how you actually do it?

Anonymous said...

Fab Cards Bex, great to see your crafty mojo has returned with your new pylon free home. I love the slide mount decoration, Sooo cool! Rhi x

Kara said...

Hi Bex!
Sounds like you are on quite a mission :) Great cards!

I'm currently trying to teach myself to sew. So far it is going not so fabulous but I am determined.(at least I've finaly gotten threading my machine figured out)I got some very cool vintage patterns on e-bay but they are proving to be a little advanced for me. I think I'll try something a bit more simple to start out with. I'm also hoping to have my grandmother teach me how to crochet.
As for your alter a CD project I don't know, maybe a cool set of coasters?

Anyway, hope you don't mind me popping by

Take Care
--Kara

Bex said...

Thaks folks!

James - most of the shapes are cut out using a die cutting system called a Quickutz. There are HUNDREDS of dies you can buy - and I have a few .........
The white edging is done with a gel pen by hand.

And pictures of me at Santas Grotto - NOT Happening!!!

Love Bex

James Casey said...

S'all right, Delbut found out which Grotto, and he's set up with a telephoto lens. Neil is already dressing up as a little girl with a video camera in his bonnet.