Sunday, November 12, 2006

Still Going .............


Well I was last night. Not sure whether I am up to another day of crafting!!
So I did challenge 4 which was to produce 2 gift tags. Not really happy with them but I think as my family rip pressies apart instantly my heart wasn't in it! So another 5 points gained .........

Challenge 5 was a bit of an effort!
To create a Christmas Scrapbook Layout using Red and Green colours. Black and white also allowed.
So after spending a good hour rummaging through photos and taking a trip down memory lane I found a picture from many moons ago!
Here is the page layout - it is sized 12 x 12".
I am a wee bit impressed with myself for doing my first ever hidden journalling. I have pictured the tag sneaking out of the side of the photo.
I think I finally GET this scrapping thing - for me the journalling I could do to go with this pic will mean something to and of my family that read it.
And it will make them laugh!
Basically we MADE my Mum do us stockings every year - right up until I was 21. And every year we would get the same in them - and every year we would laugh and tease Mum into making more of an effort ......... and every year Mum would swear she wouldn't bother next year .........
So my Journalling is a request to Santa listing the contents we would like to receive EVERY year without fail when we are older.

Anyway I am rambling .............. 25 Points gained for that effort so am now up to 60.
I think the next one is an altered notebook .............. Will have to look.
Love and hugs
Bex xxxxxxxx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - you are doing so well - much better than me.....

Anonymous said...

You have been a busy Bex this weekend - your stuff is great.x

Dale said...

Bex, I am quite impressed!

I wish I had time to do more crafts, but with 3 kids, work and looking after the household, I really don't have the time... or energy.

So, I'm like a wee pack rat and store every pretty thing I can safely nick from my girls - until such time that I will have some time!

I love your scrapbook!

:)
Dale

James Casey said...

Aaah! That's so sweet!

We made our mother do stockings long after we were all adults, too... in fact, I'm 29 now, and I think we've only been without them for the past two years... er... what? WHAT?

Ben R said...

Only until you were 21?!

Heck, I'm 23, and still have advent calendars from my parents and grandparents!!


.and a stocking too!
Always the same stuff inside:-

1 Terry's choccy orange
2 White choc Toblerone
3 Those tiny, tiny drinks cans they only seem to do in Woolies.
4 Novelty socks
5 Simpsons mug (with the dodgy chocolate biscuits inside

Since you'vew re-emerged as the Crafting Queen of blogland, you've actually lived up to your daily blogging promise - mega impressed! I'm still letting my head recover from all I learnt at Johnson & Johnson last week.

Take care!

Ben

MagicMushroom said...

You're very talented!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bex...

You are sooo creative and talented! Love the Dad tag, very beautifully made.

How are you my dear? All worked up for Christmas? Don't exhaust yourself.

Hope you're well
Lots of love and kisses
xoxoxo
M

Oblibby said...

Great stuff, Bex.

Me and sis still get a stocking every year (and still go up to Mum's to open pressies) and not saying what age we are :D:D:D

xoxo

Kathy said...

You're just soooo scarily busy, Bex looks like you had fun though.

Take care