Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm in Heaven .................

Ribbon Heaven that is.

But before I go there - THANKYOU all for the lovely comments and feedback on my Calendar on the previous post. I have had many blushes and smiles reading your comments. xxxxxx
I am currently setting up a website to try to flog some of my gear to the discerning public - so when it goes live I will of course shout you all and plead poverty etc etc etc .....................

Right now back to ribbons.

My very good friend Sue has just come back from Florida. And before she went - OK and whilst she was away as well - I totally hounded her regarding the fact that I MUCHLY like ribbons. Coversation on msn very much like "Ah so you had a great time over at Disney RIBBONS" "Ah so yeah you are chilling by the pool RIBBONS that is nice"
Now I actually think it is VERY unfair that you guys over in the states can buy ribbon at such RIDICULOUS prices ........ But today I love ribbon so will not moan about UK rip off merchants .....

SO OMG look at my new ribbons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reels and Reels of them!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually feel guilty for going on and on and on - I only really wanted a few ................... and over here it is buy by the metre - and LOOK these are like REELS with multiple metres on ............. Blimey ..................

So check out my stash. And I have had to move my ribbons to a larger drawer ......... which is quite shocking. Although - to be honest - in the larger drawer there is still space for more - PHEW. Good news eh?













OK well Delbut, James, Neil contingency I would just like to clarify that these ribbons are for CRAFT use OK?
But even so I am off to stroke them and drool and dribble (Crafters will understand and not read into that comment btw)

OH and I have not yet mentioned the 12 x 12 papers and other bits and bobs ..............

SUE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Bex xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11 comments:

Ben R said...

Holy smoke!!

Just a few metres of the stuff!!

Hope you enjoy doing all your wonderful crafty-things in your very talented way.

Ben R

PS - thought you might be subliminably (is that how it's spelt?!) working as a drug dealer - words like gear and stash and 'sell some stuff' just flagged it up for me!!!
If you hear a knock, you'll know John Reid has got tough on craft-loving dealers!!

lryicsgrl said...

I didn't know ribbons were so much more expensive, over there...wow, I have a cousin, who just sold his ribbon company.......he still goes in from time to time, as a consultant and assist the new owners in the transisition...if you run out of ribbon, again, give me a shout, i will see what i can do..but, you look well set for a while!

-Sue

Dale said...

Oh My God, Bex!

You are a woman after my crafty heart!!!

... my girls get things like that for birthdays and christmas and i nick them... ssshhhh - you didn't hear it from me.

MagicMushroom said...

I've never heard someone get excited about ribbon before...maybe i need to be 'crafty' to understand it lol
Looks like those ribbons will keep you going for a while: a friend isn't a friend until they've gone out of their way to buy odd items for you from a different country i say!! :P

xxmaryxx

Delbut said...

i take exception to that remark Bex. I am a reformed charactor and am well into Ribbons and stuff and would, in no way known to man, make a joke of them or any other crafty stuff. In fact, you will be surprised to know that i have embarked on my own journey into the crazy world of making stuff. REALLY! you will be the first to be alerted to the publishing of my first work of art. (ok, i stole the idea from you but...)

P.S. What's the best way to unstick your forefinger and thumb what have been glued together during said exercise??? I tried using KY jelly ( i have plenty of it!!) but i still have to poke my nose with my middle finger due to the lack of succes with it.

Delbut said...

Actually scrap the last post. I have invented some realy good comments about ribbons... No? ok, then.

E.L. Wisty said...

Good god, there sure are a lot of them in those pictures! I must say your friend did a blessed thing to get you all of them! Hope they will bring you equally much joy. Well, by the sound of this post there's no doubt of that.

Just wanted to pop in to thank you for stopping by my blog, and also to thank you for the well-wishes. Sorry about the delay!

Maria

Carolyn said...

coo - that is some stash of ribbon - lucky you....I do have some here as well.:)

Jo said...

How lucky are you :) the ribbons are lush ... can you please share the secret of a tidy ribbon drawer? :)

Jo x

Oblibby said...

ooo they're so pretty Bex - lucky you - I need to ship some of my friends off someplace to get me stuff I think :D:D

xoxo

Dale said...

Thank you, Bex.