Friday, November 03, 2006

Flat Tyre - Pants - And ooh look what I Made!!!!

OMG I sort of panicked the other day.
Went out to car .......... totally flat front tyre.
So Ok I only know 1 family round here and they are in Florida ..... what do I do.
OK I'll change it not a problem.

OK HOW............... I have always had mates that do this stuff. What do I know.
OK not a problem - that is what Google is there for.

So an hour later I have posted a minor panic on my craft forum (AND was surprised that people knew what to do which made me feel even more pants cos i was using being a crafter as top excuse) Ah OK one mate on there lives nearby and offered to come over ......... OMG I cannot have a girlie coming over doing this - I am a girlie!! I should know. OK gonna do this.

Right first stop google - basic tyre changing technique.

So google tells me to check spare tyre is "fit for purpose"
Ah now i think it is cos had to use it a year ago for a couple of days ................ So yep ten minutes later Bex is FILTHY and knackered from lifting the beast out of the boot ........ But yep looks OK to me.

OK Now what Google - come on what is next move ...............

Ah right Jacking up the car.
Fab my car has a kit in it with a Jack = I have one of those - all will end well eh?

Shit I am trying it each and every way and cannot see how on earth this is gonna work.
Back to google........................
Ah right I have a plate at the rear of my front tyre for the jack do I???

DO I FUCK
And why doesn't my Jack look like the ones in the pictures eh???????

AND what is all this crap about can't change a wheel on a hill????? Well hang fire here matey - I live on a hill - can't help that ............ Oh this is not looking good ...................

Google you are not making this easy for me.
In fact I am currently sitting on a kerbside about to cry looking at VERY sad car.

So what do I do? Do I cry? Do I hell
Do I instead go indoors and put on lippy, brush hair, put on nice shoes ....................... and go and stand on the roadside waiting for some poor sod to happen to walk past.

Sorry boys but I did exactly that. Luckily I Live opposite a filling station so I managed to pick someone in a white van who looked OK .......... Poor bloke ...............

And he was ace .......... stopped the traffic (with the help of two others - is a main road here) so I could do a girly 3 point turn (OK 5 point but I had a flat and everyone was watching) and my little car was then in the warm embrace of flat land in a filling station.
Whereby said nice man made me remove wheel etc but guided me in how to do it (OH OK that is how the Jack goes ............ blimey)
SO Now Bex is road worthy again ....................
Karma is good - and that guy deserves a bucket load - cos he was filthy and had to go back to work ..........................
And I now know exactly how to change a wheel ..............................
Two second lipstick update it seems






Kidding

Love Bex
Oh and about to sort out some crafty pics for you - cept blogger is being a wanker so will try to psot them tomorrow morning!

4 comments:

Ben R said...

Oh no!!

Luckily I haven't had to do it yet with my car.



Probably cos I have 4 flats already! Ha ha ha!

Hope you got my little gift - Had to send it over to The Boathouse/Oceanic studio, otherwise the people who moved into plyon-ville would have got it instead.

Take care,

Ben (feeling warm and fuzzy after my first alcohol for 4 months!!) Reeve.

Oblibby said...

Well done on changing the type Bex. I had to get a new wheel one time I got a puncture cos didn't have a clue how to change it, so just drove another 10 miles til I got home then worried about it :D:D:D

Delbut said...

Ah, lippy and good shoes always does it for us shallow blokes. Works every time.

BTW. i sent a belated birthday greeting to your cardcraft email address.

James Casey said...

Ah, lippy and good shoes always does it for us shallow blokes. Works every time.

Yeah, I always put them on when I need a tyre changed.