Monday, March 12, 2007

12 x 12 Paper Storage Box






OK so I mentioned I had made this so thought I would share
12 x 12 paper can be a NIGHTMARE to store - of course not for me I have 2 fabby paper racks.........
BUT they cost loads and are only really worth having if you have LOADS of paper (which I might just have!)

A while back I was having a cuppa with my mate Sue (Bless her she only has ONE paper rack - poor thing x) Anyway we were discussing said paper and the fact that she was running out of room .......... so we botched up a Persil Washing Powder box into a very quick makeshift storage box. I have to say as a joint effort it really was naff - BUT it did the job (and is still standing which I bet this one won't be within a week!).

Last week i was at Sues having yet another cuppa and her Mum dropped by - the FABULOUS Greta. Now Greta really is a craft orphan when It comes to paper storage - she has NO paper racks ........ and it was decided that she needed some way of storing her lovely papers rather than just in a "Pile". (I will add though that this is the ONLY area in which Greta can be called a craft orphan - I am still in shock at her fabby craft room!!)
SO at the weekend I nearly binned a box I found - but then thought "AHA A storage box for Greta"! So I played and the pic above is the result.
I have to say it is much better made than mine and Sue's first effort........... I lined it and everything ...........
BUT then only the best for the wonderful Greta - I am secretly hoping she will adopt me xxxxx

SO technique for anyone wanting to make one ................

Find a box, cut it up, cover it in stuff xxxxxx

Love Bex

9 comments:

Ben R said...

Yes 12x12 paper can be a nightmare!! 144 square feet of bright card is a tad large!!

I'm sure you're talking about 12 inches actually!! All kinds of dirty jokes about 12 inches and boxes! I'll leave the dirty stuff to Delbut - he's a sexpert in that area!!

I had a similar-sized problem with all my old vinyl, those being circa 12 inches square. I found some great little cardboard boxes at work, measuring 14 inches square inside the lip, and the albums sit nicely inside, with a little scroll of the titles tucked in the 2 inch gap!!

Take care

Ben R

PS - dirtiest box joke EVER will be up on my blog shortly.... you have been warned!!!

Sue said...

OMG sisters!!!!!

grace said...

Wow, again! I really like the last creation, you're very creative. I have tried such things but never have come out looking so beautiful.

xx

Kathy said...

Great box, Bex.

I'm a great fan of the "find box, cut it up, stick paper on it" storage facility. But then, I , woe is me, don't have any paper racks either.

Lisa said...

Lucky Greta!! Gorgeous box, love it xx

ginab said...

Saw you over to Suejoy's. Want to say, these boxes are perfect for writers. I received one (not hand made) for my birthday recently and it's been a page a day nearly since. As in, writing and storing a page a day.

You have a market. Not for millions (writers so have day jobs, but still), but you have customers.

-ginab

Delbut said...

Me likey. Can you build me a magazine holder like this one. I need to get 12 volumes of sad bastard monthly in it.

Ta.

Post it to.

Sad Bastard
c/o The Shed
Wales.
Near England.


I'll pay you when we next meet.

Suesjoy said...

Oh Bex - I am with Gina- you DEFINATELY have a market!
I would buy a slew of these.
This is how I clean my house:
Get a box.
Throw stuff in it.
Put box in a closet...or not.

And when I am bored, I go throgh it, and throw/recycle most of it.
Hubby is always saying, "you and your boxes!!!"
:)

Anonymous said...

'Find a box, cut it up, cover it in stuff xxxxxx'

The instructions are a bit long winded for me...could you simplify it a bit ?