Sunday, March 18, 2007

Finished it ........













Oh yes I did!
So here is the altered canvas for my fabby Auntie Pat.
I'm not entirely happy with it to be honest - BUT it was made with love and I am sure that Pat will treasure it!
Well she better - Or I will stamp my little size 4 feet!
I had started out as doing this for Lisa's beady challenge and had pictures of Blooms with stunning beaded flower centres .......... BUT they looked naff! It could be because I am not a beader - or it could be that I wanted this picture just to be nice and simple and not destract from the photo. SO Instead I just added a few seed beads to one of the flowers - will have to see if I get called a cheat!!

Right back to cooking the Roast Dinner and making Thai Curry to freeze so that I can stuff my face on lush food during the week with no effort!

I hope you have all had a great weekend - I have - Just sad that it is Monday again tomorrow!

Love Bex xxxx

13 comments:

Gary said...

It's gorgious. Obviously a lot of love went into it.

grace said...

I think it is beautiful, I am sure she will love it.

Yes, the Mondays seem to come around quite fast! My weekend was good, weather was great, dogs had fun. Thanks for stopping by

have a good week xx grace

Suesjoy said...

Your talent knows no bounds!
It's beautiful - lovely pic of your dear mum and Aunt too.

Thai curry - WOW I am impressed.
That's going to be my new hobby - learning how to make Thai food. I found a Thai market nearby so I can buy all the exotic ingredients.
Thai food is the BEST!

Thanks for your comment. The girls had a blast. We ran out of whipped cream though, so I didn't get a turn. Wah!
Next time...

Have a great week Bex.
Love,
Suexxx

Lythan said...

Absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure she will love it

Kathy said...

This is gorgeous, She'll be thrilled.

ginab said...

'course she'll love it. made with love! clearly, it's thoughtful so carefully crafted. very nice.

Bex said...

Thanks for the lovely comments!
In response to the email - My Mum is the one with the HUGE flower on her hat!!

Love Bex xx

Sue said...

simply STUNNING


don't think you will need to stamp your feet

xxx

elena said...

Hey Bex, it's beautiful!!!! Your Auntie is going to love it.

Love,
Elena
XXXXXX

Em said...

Bex that is just completely perfect - I love it.

The colours are gorgeous, and your mum and auntie look so very happy.

Well done you - bet she loves it.

Thanks for sharing SUCH a special piece of work with us Bex xxxx

Jane said...

oh how gorgeous is that ! what a lovely piece of work.

Elizabeth A. said...

Can I just say one thing?


"Hi, Aunt Pat!!!"



Love ya, Bex~

EA

lryicsgrl said...

it is a lovely cover...i am sure your aunt will be so pleased with her book made with love.....your mom looks so happy in the picture and the two of them look like they were having fun!

talent is a gift, but it can be wasted if not used. you are not wasting your talents, missy, you are creating memory books that will be passed on for generations....

so sweet of you to offer me your services, of course i would be thrilled to take you up on the offer........

xo