Thursday, March 08, 2007

OUCH!!!!!!

OK no pics today - had an eventful Bex day and camera is at work still ............

So the ouch - I think I need LOTS of sympathy please.
Had a sore ear for a few days - OK so my doctor REALLY LIED when they said the teeny tiny cyst behind my ear was not a problem. So I trusted the Doc and Me and Sid the Cyst have lived QUITE happily for the last few years.

I have NO IDEA what I did to make him so angry but last night he went on one and decided to GROW.
Naff nights sleep in pain ........ but I soldiered on and went into work this morning. (I am gearing this up for mega sympathy by the way).
Anyway I moaned a bit this morning to work mates who admired Sid and said yes he did look angry ............
By 11 ish Sid had got LIVID. Ear was inflated to rather large proportions and I felt like I could actually do a Van Gogh and cut it off.

Anyway - by 1pm Sid was upsetting a few people sitting behind me who had a good view of him. He was indeed getting larger ................... and I was actually near tears in pain ........ (remember I need sympathy). SO my boss said as Sid was upsetting members of the team with his anger I really should go to casualty and get Sid sorted. (GP had no appointments)
So off I trot. And don't you hate these places? People are there with limbs falling off and puking everywhere and obviously ill - and I just have an angry Sid.

Anyway - they were lovely and totally understood why i was in so much pain .........
One HUGE needle and LOTS of pain later and Sid was drained and the pain was gone.

Of course I then went immediately round to my mate Sue for Tea and sympathy - BUT I have to say the sympathy was lacking - so bring it on please.

OH and Sid is not impressed at his treatment and is growing again at an almighty pace = and it really is gross what comes out with one little squidge!!!!!! Sid is not gonna win - he can shout and scream all he likes - he has a hole in him now and is doomed x
Lets hope these super dooper anti biotics see Sid off for good - cos he aint my mate anymore xxxxxxx

There - A lovely craft related post for you all after promising more pics today!!!!!!
OOH I could do a pic of Sid for you ...................

Love Bex xxxx (Needing sympathy - did i mention that??)

11 comments:

Suesjoy said...

Aw sweetie- I am SO sorry - that must have been SO painful.
I feel for you - honest. I am so bad with these kind of things...I am such a baby when it comes to pain.

Oh Bex I wrote another chapter for Del's fairytale! You will love it. GO see!!

Feel better...I know how you feel, believe me.

Lots of love,
Suesxxxx

Em said...

I have just been sick.......

(get well soon - I can't cope with anymore gross posts....)

xxx

Cathy with a C said...

Poor, poor Bex. Pain that keeps you awake is no fun. At least Sid is behind your ear so you don't have to look at it. Could be worse - could be right in the middle of your forehead, like one of Rachel's infamous spots.

Umm, Fuller girls seem to get 'spots' that have personalities... Is this due to their level of creativity or maybe their desire to take over the world? But I have faith in your ability to overcome a mere cyst.

Feel better!

Cathy xox

elena said...

Wow, Bex....Sid seems to be able to talk.....Tell him that if he grows again we'll kick his ass (or whatever he has).

Poor you, I hope you will feel better soon and Sid will disappear forever. I'm sorry that it was so painful, I don't even want to imagine that needle...You are very brave!!!! I'm really proud of you.

Love,
ElenaXXXXX

Anonymous said...

Hey Bex, you do get points for going to work and slugging it out. But the expanding Sid show is kinda gross.Did you take any pictures? Sounds like a draining experience.........hahaha. I hear ya.......hee,hee,hee..game of darts anyone?............Prudent you went and received some medical attention, hopefully no infections and Sid goes away. Oh yeah, the sympathy part...I was so distraught to hear of your plight, I drank a whole bottle of rum. Hmmm, do you have any other health issues? I'm thirsty. Hope you are feeling better. Take a long weekend, you deserve it.

grace said...

ooh, soory for you and Sid. Needles, eeww! Sending sympathy your way for sure. Hope you feel better, maybe some cuddling from Maisie will help

xx

Delbut said...

Aw buggerr. Not wanting to steal your thunder so this is just to empathise with you. I had an infection in my ear once and it is not funny. Mine actually burst on its own during a rather uncomfortable night and i had half a pint of gunge on my pillow when i woke up. So, i do feel for you. Alcohol is not always the answer but in this case, rubbing some neat alcohol on Sid will get rid of him for good. Haven't got a clue where you get neat alcoholthese days but the bubbles in a builder's spirit level (hence the name) used to be full of it. So, even if they aren't anymore, you can go ask a hunky builder if he'll get his pole out while you crack his bubble into a cup. try it; it will make you feel a whole lot better.

Sue said...

I made TEA!!!!

cannot cope with tea and sympathy


xxxx hope you a puss- gunk free today

Carol said...

okay - so i am totally morbid when it comes to things like huge big spots and....





I NEED TO SEE A PICCIE OF SID lol lol

Suesjoy said...

Wow, Delbut has that healing touch, doesn't he?

Hazel said...

Oh Bex - ouch, ouch!!

I've only just seen this, so hoping that Sid has really calmed down by now.

I can't provide tea (too far away), but sending some sympathy.

xxx