Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Back to Work .......

Always a low point of my week - although I have to say I have SO much work on at the moment that at least the day flies by - so I am not moaning (much)

So today - well busy day at work and complaining to my letting agency about the "leak /Torrential downpour" that is my bedroom.
I just LOVE my letting agency - when my fridge broke it took 7 weeks - so the expectations on fixing a potential ceiling collapse leak situation where pretty low.

Afte having them on repeat dial from 9am they finally answered the phone at 10.
Came back to me at 2pm to say that "the company" they use (LIKE how many flippin builders are out there - is it just one?) were very busy today and couldn't come out till tomorrow .........
I calmly replied - Not a problem - I have my landlords mobile number and will let him know as potentially if it rains tonight he has a major problem on his hands .............
Funny - they came back within 10 minutes to say someone will be out later today.

SO at 3.30 I get a call at work to say they will be here in 40 minutes - so I leave work early and hack it home.
AND Bob the builder and his buddy (who I think was actually 12 years old) turn up.
They would love a cuppa - well yes fix the roof.
Oh dear they don't have a ladder - didn't realise one was needed.

OK - So at this point I am very tempted to ask if they thought I lived in a 4 foot tall house - what with it being a ROOF that needs fixing. BUT instead I smile sweetly and suggest they find a ladder and when they do I will reward them with a cuppa.
So off they trot - reappear with a ladder and fix it. PHEW.
And poor sods - it peed it down while they were up there - BUT if they had had a ladder when they first arrived they would have been home before the rain started! All heart me eh?

SO then I surf the web and find my sis has an In The Attic Show on - and of course it would be rude not to slob in front of the PC and watch it. AND BOY do they go on and on and on - 2 hours! 2 Hours when I should be crafting!
Have to say it was great to see the gang together again and I have very fond memories of pre full time work days ........... chilling out with the gang, making tea .......... bliss.
So they are off to Europe now - and I would love to be able to tag along as glorified tea maker / companion - but sadly work calls. (MUST remember to book tea lady slot for Glastonbury though!!)

SO if you have got this far - I bet you are wishing I had crafted eh? Posts are much shorter and less rambling - BUT I like to ramble once in a while!!!!
So off to find pics and paper to do a LO tomorrow night ............... Back to crafting Bex
Love n Hugs to all
Love Bex

6 comments:

Suesjoy said...

Aw Bex- great writing - ROFL-
no LADDER???? Wha'???
okkkkkkkk

crazy bob the builder and sidekick.
poor bex!

wasn't it a fun show today?
I changed my work schedule so I could watch!
priorities, you know?

ooh-
please read my sad little story on my blog when you get a chance.
ta!

take care and stay DRY! At least you have a great sense of humor....that helps!

Love,
Suexxxx

BlackVelvetLace said...

Bex,

I cannot believe 1 and 1/2 men showed up at your place to fix a roof WITH NO LADDER!!!!

I, of course, missed ITA. Seems I miss everything anymore, with a *project* I've been working on. ::Cries:: As tomorrow is it's deadline and all my parts done, perhaps I'll shall get to the next show/chat/back to life!

PS Love your crafting!!!!!!

~Lace~

grace said...

Hi Bex, how are you? Busy I see! I have been busy and havent been blogging much lately. Wanted to come by and say 'HI'

xx grace

lryicsgrl said...

No ladder to fix a roof???? I think the whole world has lost it's mind....I had chimney sweeps come to my house, yesterday...they said.."well this is a REAL fireplace, that will cost you double to clean"...Duh, do those fake fireplaces, REALLY need to be cleaned????

Yes, the ATTIC was fabby....I do wish I could catch it in Real Time.....though, I am grateful for the loopdeloop......I hope you get the "teagirl" job in Glastonbury....good luck to you!!!

Now I will return to your bloggie, and catch up with your Royal Craftyness......
xo

lryicsgrl said...

Bex,
Did you go on vacation?

Hope you are well!

xo

grace said...

How are you Bex? ..and Maisie?

Hope you are well, xx grace