Monday, May 07, 2007

Busy Bex

I have had the BEST weekend!
So what have I been up to ...............
Well I will start with crafty reveals. Jen Challenged us with LOADS of challenges over on the Just Bex Forum

We have all week to play to win the RAK on offer but so far I have completed .........
HalfMap Challenge! To scrap 6 x 12


I have a HUGE album here all dated - with the most fantastic pictures detailing my Dads childhood - up to 19! OK so they have been brutally stuck down with nasty glue - but I am on to healing them and preserving them! So this is the first 2 pics of Dad scrapped.
And aw wasn't he cute! AND it is scary - I can recognise him in the second pic!

Then onto the Challenge to scrap inspired by an ad, OK I sort of followed the ad layout but drew more from the hint of purple in it - never scrapped in purple!
And this picture of my Mum was just perfect! In the photo you can actually see tears down her cheeks where she had been laughing so hard!
I have added hidden journalling on a tag behind the picture which reads .............

You had the most infectious laugh I have ever known. You had the ability to make everyone laugh – half the time you were laughing so hard you couldn’t explain what was funny – but we all found ourselves laughing with you. (And at you!) You had a total lack of ability to control your laughter once you started, and the memory of you in your “headmistress” hat setting off 120 children during Father Robin’s sermon at Mass will stay with me forever x Although no one ever did work out what set you off …………….

And now I have moved on to the challenge set around a colour wheel website where you are given 3 colours to scrap with.

OK I am not impressed with my colours but will report back!!!!!

Hope you are all well and enjoyed a lovely BH weekend

Love Bex

8 comments:

Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...

they look beautiful sweetie... Good job ;)

I have to much deadlines right now but i will try to do them too...

xoxo
Emine

Oblibby said...

Looking forward to meeting old & new friends on your forum, Bex. Hopefully I'm going to find some time for making stuff over the next couple of weeks.


Love the page of your Mum.

Lisa xxx

Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...

Aw thank you so much sweetie... But please check back and read my NEW POST... I AM SO PROUD WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

xoxo
Emine

Birgit said...

Great LO's!

Suesjoy said...

Just lovely!
Your mum looks so happy.
She must be proud of ya.
;)
I want to join your forum but I will just lurk...
Have a lovely evening Bex!
Take care.
Love,
Suexxx

sollie said...

I really love that page about your dad. The pics are so beautiful and the colours are stunning.

lryicsgrl said...

Awe Bex, that was such a beautiful, absolutely gorgeous tribute to your Mum.....laughter is such a wonderful thing to be remembered by.....I will make sure I laugh as often with my kids as I can, even when they are laughing at me ;)

I am a sap, I know..

xo
Sue

grace said...

Those are fabulous Bex!!